Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueJayofEvil View Post
    I'd also like to see some older EA games (Command & Conquer Gold, Red Alert 1, Dune 2000) ported. Not sure if EA would allow it, but I know C&C Gold was released as freeware for the 12th anniversary awhile back. Maybe they'd allow that game then?
    yea i'd like to see these but unfortunately its unlikely. C&C certainly revolutionized the genre.

BTW welcome to phoronix BlueJayofEvil

lots of new people on the porting thread Alot of people like me who stay in the shadows until they feel the need to register.

Comment

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
      yea i'd like to see these but unfortunately its unlikely. C&C certainly revolutionized the genre.

BTW welcome to phoronix BlueJayofEvil

lots of new people on the porting thread Alot of people like me who stay in the shadows until they feel the need to register.
      So true, this also proves that Linux gaming do really gather popular attention, when given concrete perspectives.

Comment

• Svartalf I know you couldn't give me the figures for SG but is there any figures you can give us to indicate the scope of linux gaming?

Comment

• X3: Terran Conflict, X - Beyond the Frontier and X-Tension

Stuff like the Anno series or
          the latest Settler game, "Rise of an Empire"

Sims 3...

Silver

Sacred 2 would be sweet.

Natural Selection 2 (they said that they could port it after release, but if LGP approached them... well, I guess they wouldn't be unwilling to cooperate)

Baldurs Gate 2

Tropico (aye, el presidente)

Startopia (I love this game so mutch, it's my all time favorite and not running in wine)

Maybe getting the Devs of Mortal Online to port it would be nice too. It uses the Unreal 3 Engine after all. Although I think that porting a MMO is kinda unrealistic.

Also I love seing Sins of a Solar Empire on that list. It's a great game.

And don't tell me about supporting Linux Games, I own all the LGP titles except for NingPo MahJong, Candycrusher and Jets'n'Guns.
          And I will buy Jets'n'Guns one day.
          I even own X3 twice and might buy a collectors edition additionally.
          Yes, I don't own any Windows version of X3, I own 2 Linux versions.

Seeing Drakensang in the list is also pretty great and I'd buy it for sure. But I'd buy almost any ported game anyways.
          Last edited by MAXX; 03 June 2009, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• Descent 3?

How about getting the publishing rights to descent 1/2/3? I know someone who has a copy of the Loki sourcecode of Descent 3. If you could get the rights to publish it again he'd probably be willing to give it to you. Obviously you'd need the legal right to sell the game. Still it's a pretty easy title to get done since the port is finished...

Comment

• It's awesome what's been done thus far. Let us keep our efforts and help out on this list.

Comment

• Hi all,

I read Phoronix for more than a year, but now I felt inclined to post something.. =)

One game I would like to see is Lumines. Lumines has a (freeware, I think) windows version that don't play nice on wine (tested some months ago).

I do not know if it was mentioned but Aquaria is a really nice indie game. It would be nice to have it too. (But aquaria runs on wine).

Thanks for the efforts! =)

PS: sorry for any English mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                  - snip -
                  Having said this, AC was ported by Loki (and well at that) to Linux
                  - snip -
                  Apparently really well indeed, if price is anything to go by: http://www.amazon.com/Meiers-Alpha-C.../dp/B00004TBBX

SMAC is one of those games that i'd like to go back to, the definitive in civilization-like games imho. While FreeCiv is good too, it gets old kinda quickly. Still a modern SMAC remake with better AI and maybe balance tweaks would be better than the original. Might buy a new port nonetheless tho.
                  Last edited by Pahanilmanlintu; 03 June 2009, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by filsd View Post
                    Hi all,

I read Phoronix for more than a year, but now I felt inclined to post something.. =)
                    Well greetings

Your English is just fine

Comment

• Originally posted by Pahanilmanlintu View Post
                      Apparently really well indeed, if price is anything to go by: http://www.amazon.com/Meiers-Alpha-C.../dp/B00004TBBX
                      THAT has GOT to be a typo- but boy, the royalties on it would be maahvelous...

Comment

Working...
                      X