Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    What would it take for you to get into discussions with them about getting such a gig? This is interesting, since it would also mean better support for Brink's SDK, should there be one, better than ETQW's SDK support.
    Partly me getting closure on some of my ongoing projects. Splash Damage and ZeniMax would want almost my undivided attention if I were to get signed on- much like TTimo initially was before becoming an employee of iD's full-time. I'll start seeing what might be there in the way of interest- I suppose I could step up to the AAA space slightly earlier than I had planned (another year to three of indie stuff showing that there IS a market, that sort of thing...).

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Apopas View Post
      So it's possbile even Myth1 and Myth3 to knock the doors of Linux?
      Yes. The guys doing the work happen to have rights access to all three of them. Right now they've got 2 largely working on MacOS and Windows with a higher def re-spin to it. Same gameplay, etc.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        Yes. The guys doing the work happen to have rights access to all three of them. Right now they've got 2 largely working on MacOS and Windows with a higher def re-spin to it. Same gameplay, etc.
        That's terrific!
        And are you going officially to make the Linux ports or you are in the discussions stage?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Apopas View Post
          That's terrific!
          And are you going officially to make the Linux ports or you are in the discussions stage?
          So far, the story's that I'm doing them. I've still got some discussions on things to be had that aren't of the nature to block the deal, so I didn't change it's status yet because work hasn't started yet (and even if I get a deal, it can always change on me- unlikely, but you know what I'm getting at...).

          Comment


          • Civilization V

            It might be a little overambitious, but I'll request it anyway:

            Civilization V

            Comment


            • FarCry
              and
              FarCry 2

              As for FarCry (1) it's from crytek and HAS a opengl mode! Porting that game to native linux should be fairly easy.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by markg85 View Post
                FarCry
                and
                FarCry 2

                As for FarCry (1) it's from crytek and HAS a opengl mode! Porting that game to native linux should be fairly easy.
                See http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...rcry#post76953

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Marix View Post
                  It might be a little overambitious, but I'll request it anyway:

                  Civilization V
                  Civilization 5 would be really great Last week i have read an article on golem http://www.golem.de/1002/73235.html with a note about a possible linux version. Though there is no official statement about it, maybe there is a small chance to get a native linux version of civilization 10 years after lokis "call to power'.

                  Comment


                  • I obviously didn't read all posts in this thread and part 1 ^_^
                    But from that i can conclude that FarCry 1 won't be on the list?

                    Comment


                    • most likely not.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X