Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Way out there, but it needs to be asked. Elder Scrolls 5? Not aware of any Linux hostility there (especially given that ZeniMax allowed Arkane Studios to release the Arx Fatalis source under GPL).

It's not scheduled for release until 11-11-11 (a bit more than 9 months), but maybe poking Bethesda about a possible port could get interest rolling. They don't use Gamebryo anymore.. they have a new engine they created themselves, though they do (at least) use Havok and Havok Behavior.
    Hm... There's a couple possible ZeniMax deals out there to maybe be had. Havok doesn't prevent it from happening, just so you know. It's in the "maybe" list... I'll do a bit of checking here in the next couple of weeks to see what they might have to say.

Comment

• Here's a game I'd love to see ported: Beat Hazard.
      It's basically a playable visualization for your music, and it's incredibly addicting.
      They (Cold Beam Games) primarily use steam for publishing of their PC version though, so probably the only way they'd be interested in a port is if steam really would come to linux. But if it does I guess they'd be all for it, as they're already in the process of porting to the Mac.

Comment

• sins of a solar empire

Comment

• Originally posted by F-GT View Post
          sins of a solar empire
          Don't know if you could convince Stardock of that. At one point in time, they had a port of one of their games in progress, but the consultant boggled on them and they've kind of soured on the idea. I've got a bit o' ammo in hand from two successful (sales-wise...I've had other technically successful ones...) combined with the HIB#1 figures to go talk w/them about things. I'm sure they might not mind a few tablet and mobile versions of some of their games in the e-Stores... :-D

Comment

• Telltale Games

Hi, I'm pretty sure this has been brought up before, but it would be really nice to have some of their games on Linux- they've expanded well beyond where they were a couple years ago, and now do simultaneous PC & Mac releases.

Thanks!

Comment

• Hello,

I'm new here and I just came across this topic so thought I would give a list of the games I would like to see native on Linux unfortunately most of these games were purchased through Steam but hopefully Steam will be on Linux soon.

UT2K4
              UT3 (I know, probably will never happen)
              Sid Meier Railroads
              World of Warcraft (I know, Blizzard apparently already has a Linux version but refuses to release it.)
              Return to Castle Wolfenstien (Purchased from store.)

Comment

• there is a native ut2k4 client, already.

Comment

• Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
                  there is a native ut2k4 client, already.
                  And where may I ask can I find this native UT2K4 client and will the CD-Key I got when I purchased through Steam work with it?

Comment

• UT2k4 and RTCW both have linux clients already.

UT3 definitely won't be.

WoW.... prolly not.

Dunno about any sid games. I did love pirates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goodolandy View Post
                      UT3 (I know, probably will never happen)
                      you are kidding, right?

RtCW has linux client and also has it source code opened! Come back into the real world man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goodolandy View Post
                        And where may I ask can I find this native UT2K4 client and will the CD-Key I got when I purchased through Steam work with it?
                        http://www.beyondunreal.com/main/ut2...4essential.php

I don't know whether the CD key will work, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

Comment

• Angry Birds?

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                            Angry Birds?
                            That's already on the N900, is it not?

Comment

• Originally posted by curaga View Post
                              That's already on the N900, is it not?
                              Indeed it is. However, it's ARM thus it doesn't work on x86.

Comment

• Has the thief series been mentioned? Didn't see anything about thief or Eidos on the front page. Of course, it was published by EA and I don't know what there stance on linux has been.

Of course, with the source of 1 and 2 recently being found and uploaded, I suppose those might be fan done. But Thief 3 would be really nice. And maybe even 4?

Comment

Working...
                                X