Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caster has gone Gold!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    http://quanticode.com/forum/phpBB3/v....php?f=3&t=123

    Comment


    • #12
      Back to caster, after i heard about problems with the Linux port, i played the game a bit longer to verify those. And they are definitely there when you shoot at enemies together with some other aspects which are not yet solved. To see it better i want a fps counter, so how to enable that? Also i have got xbox gamepads and that games not allow me to select the axis it should use. It defaults to axis 0 to 3, that might be correct for most pads, but i need axis 0/1 and 3/4. You see that even from this output:

      Code:
      jscal /dev/input/js0
      Joystick has 8 axes and 10 buttons.
      Correction for axis 0 is broken line, precision is 16.
      Coeficients are: -128, 128, 16513, 16513
      Correction for axis 1 is broken line, precision is 16.
      Coeficients are: -128, 128, 16513, 16513
      Correction for axis 2 is broken line, precision is 0.
      Coeficients are: 127, 127, 4227330, 4227330
      Correction for axis 3 is broken line, precision is 16.
      Coeficients are: -128, 128, 16513, 16513
      Correction for axis 4 is broken line, precision is 16.
      Coeficients are: -128, 128, 16513, 16513
      Correction for axis 5 is broken line, precision is 0.
      Coeficients are: 127, 127, 4227330, 4227330
      Correction for axis 6 is broken line, precision is 0.
      Coeficients are: 0, 0, 536870912, 536870912
      Correction for axis 7 is broken line, precision is 0.
      Coeficients are: 0, 0, 536870912, 536870912
      The analog pads show a precision of 16. Funnyly wine + windows demo runs absolutely smooth, just the Linux port has performance issues
      Last edited by Kano; 05-18-2009, 08:02 PM.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Back to caster, after i heard about problems with the Linux port, i played the game a bit longer to verify those. And they are definitely there when you shoot at enemies together with some other aspects which are not yet solved. To see it better i want a fps counter, so how to enable that? Also i have got xbox gamepads and that games not allow me to select the axis it should use. It defaults to axis 0 to 3, that might be correct for most pads, but i need axis 0/1 and 3/4. You see that even from this output:

        Code:
        jscal /dev/input/js0
        Joystick has 8 axes and 10 buttons.
        Correction for axis 0 is broken line, precision is 16.
        Coeficients are: -128, 128, 16513, 16513
        Correction for axis 1 is broken line, precision is 16.
        Coeficients are: -128, 128, 16513, 16513
        Correction for axis 2 is broken line, precision is 0.
        Coeficients are: 127, 127, 4227330, 4227330
        Correction for axis 3 is broken line, precision is 16.
        Coeficients are: -128, 128, 16513, 16513
        Correction for axis 4 is broken line, precision is 16.
        Coeficients are: -128, 128, 16513, 16513
        Correction for axis 5 is broken line, precision is 0.
        Coeficients are: 127, 127, 4227330, 4227330
        Correction for axis 6 is broken line, precision is 0.
        Coeficients are: 0, 0, 536870912, 536870912
        Correction for axis 7 is broken line, precision is 0.
        Coeficients are: 0, 0, 536870912, 536870912
        The analog pads show a precision of 16. Funnyly wine + windows demo runs absolutely smooth, just the Linux port has performance issues
        Can you post output of this fine command:
        jscal -q /dev/input/js0

        Comment


        • #14
          jscal -q /dev/input/js0
          jscal: error getting button map: Invalid argument

          Btw. music does not work correctly with wine correcty, just disable it and use amarok I still don't know how to dive in the water. Next thing which is better with wine: you can use alt-tab to switch to the desktop without closing the game.
          Last edited by Kano; 05-18-2009, 09:08 PM.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by Kano View Post
            jscal -q /dev/input/js0
            jscal: error getting button map: Invalid argument

            Btw. music does not work correctly with wine correcty, just disable it and use amarok I still don't know how to dive in the water. Next thing which is better with wine: you can use alt-tab to switch to the desktop without closing the game.
            As I tough, jscal fails. I had a hacked version of it that didn't fail on this bug(just commented out some returns). I will try to find it(for now I have only binary version). Unfortunately now I can't search for it, maybe tomorrow.

            Under linux you can actually remap joystick axes and buttons.
            To do this you need output of jscal -q /dev/input/js0
            like this (mine as example):
            Code:
            jscal -u 7,0,1,2,3,5,16,17,12,288,289,290,291,292,293,294,295,296,297,298,299 /dev/input/js0
            first number is number of axes
            then come actual axes
            ninth number is number of buttons(after axes)
            and after that buttons itself.
            To swap axes you need to swap appropriate numbers and run command.

            In this example I swap 4th and 5th axis.

            Code:
            jscal -u 7,0,1,2,5,3,16,17,12,288,289,290,291,292,293,294,295,296,297,298,299 /dev/input/js0
            For some strange reason for SDL you must set SDL_JOYSTICK_DEVICE to point to joystick device file or remap won't affect app.
            Last edited by sobkas; 05-18-2009, 10:26 PM.

            Comment


            • #16
              jscal -q /dev/input/js0
              jscal: error getting button map: Invalid argument
              jscal -u 8,0,1,2,3,4,5,16,17,10,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 /dev/input/js0

              The problem seem to be the 0s which are invalid.

              Comment


              • #17
                If only Steam were to nativly work on GNU/Linux. Buying/installing games and keeping them updated would be so easy.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  Back to caster, after i heard about problems with the Linux port, i played the game a bit longer to verify those. And they are definitely there when you shoot at enemies together with some other aspects which are not yet solved. To see it better i want a fps counter, so how to enable that?
                  I'll look into getting it turned on. It's not rendering as best as I can tell- and we had only one tester that showed with the problem and we thought we had it squared. It looks to be something that it trips over and stalls parts of the engine one events. I'm trying to get it found and fixed so we don't have issues for people.


                  Also i have got xbox gamepads and that games not allow me to select the axis it should use. It defaults to axis 0 to 3, that might be correct for most pads, but i need axis 0/1 and 3/4. You see that even from this output:
                  Unfortunately, I'm stuck with the stuff that SDL provides there. I'll look into providing some overrides in the setup.ini for the next pass at this.

                  The analog pads show a precision of 16. Funnyly wine + windows demo runs absolutely smooth, just the Linux port has performance issues
                  It runs smoothly on either WINE or Linux on most machines, we're getting bit by varying things right at the moment.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    @SolidSteel144

                    Steam works perfectly with wine. No tricks needed at all. But that game is extra easy, when you diff the dirs between the demo versions you will find out what i mean.

                    @Svartalf

                    I think a Q9300 @ 3 GHz together with a Nvidia 8800 GTS 512 should be enough for that little game... Used my own Lenny based distro btw. 64 bit variant.

                    Did anybody find way to enable the level editor mentioned in:

                    https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dd...gxfnrxgb&hl=en

                    The --scene option works with the .bin file but ctrl+l does nothing.
                    Last edited by Kano; 05-19-2009, 07:45 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      I think a Q9300 @ 3 GHz together with a Nvidia 8800 GTS 512 should be enough for that little game... Used my own Lenny based distro btw. 64 bit variant.
                      My Q9500 pastes it. My E4500 and E5500 desktops don't trip over it either. The machine I have that seems to be able to do it on demand is my T5200 based laptop- and I'd not thought of testing on it during the beta cycle. It's not a performance issue as best as I can tell- it's something in the timings that is causing it to off into the rough on me. I'm chasing it down right now. Hoping to have a fix for the people encountering the issue (not everybody is- but enough of them are that it's priority one over anything other than the day-job and the like right at the moment...)

                      Did anybody find way to enable the level editor mentioned in:

                      https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dd...gxfnrxgb&hl=en

                      The --scene option works with the .bin file but ctrl+l does nothing.
                      I'll check to see if it's enabled right.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X