Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future Of UT3 On Linux Appears Uncertain

Phoronix: The Future Of UT3 On Linux Appears Uncertain

While there are great open-source games like Nexuiz and XreaL, a title many Linux gamers have been waiting years for has been Unreal Tournament 3. Prior to the game launching, a Linux client was confirmed and that famed developer/porter Ryan Gordon was porting the UT3 engine. When the game launched, the Linux client was missing in action and even the Linux server build...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzE5NQ

I've heard about a laked version of ut3... but I haven't news about testing on it...

Comment

Originally posted by fabioamd87 View Post
      I've heard about a laked version of ut3... but I haven't news about testing on it...
      I heard Santa sometimes laughs at children...

Comment

I heard UT3 likes players to have SM with GameSpy ( Yes! I want to register again! Do it! )

Comment

Good old passing the buck. First 3rd party middleware was blamed, then epic, now Ryan. Svartalf your next on the list. :P Seriously, you can tell they don't give a crap about the client when you have to pass the buck just to find out what is going on. Hopefully Ryan reads that response email and comments on it.

I don't hold out much hope though seeing that they are still trying to get even a stable UT3 2.0 linux server going.

Comment

At this point, I highly doubt we'll ever see the Linux client. I think the most important question is: when/if it's released, will anyone still care?

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
              I heard Santa sometimes laughs at children...
              http://www.linuxgames.com/archives/13617

Comment

I have one thing to say: AHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Oh, and f%ck you Epic Games.

Comment

reading in to Epic's reply, I can't help thinking that this situation will constantly hinder ports until the big game companies get skills in-house. Fresh blood is needed in the Linux gaming scene, Ryan does do good work but he is only one man and I'm pretty sure he is not thinking about living/doing this forever........

I just wish I was better at coding and I could start contributing to Linux

Comment

Originally posted by fabioamd87 View Post
                    My reply still doesn't change...

Comment

Working...
                    X