Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is Steam coming to Linux or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    What's that for a platform?

    EDIT: By the way... WTF is this new ad stuff in here? DON'T FUMBLE WITH MY POSTS, GOT IT?!!! >.=.<
    Last edited by Dragonlord; 03-13-2009, 01:32 PM.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
      What's that for a platform?

      EDIT: By the way... WTF is this new ad stuff in here? DON'T FUMBLE WITH MY POSTS, GOT IT?!!! >.=.<
      LinuxDNA.com

      We're making a high performance kernel for gaming amoung otther projects.

      Comment


      • #13
        ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dist...20for%20linux/

        I have not tried it, but it's interesting none the less.

        Comment


        • #14
          ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dist...20for%20linux/

          I have not tried it, but it's interesting none the less.

          Comment


          • #15
            Ah okay... so it's a kernel not a "platform" like Steam or alike. Already though...

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
              Ah okay... so it's a kernel not a "platform" like Steam or alike. Already though...
              Yeah we're only the kernel (and some system code) but we're working with Dream Linux to make a Linux that works with Atom cpu netbooks:

              Hak5.org

              But we want to make a Linux specifically for gaming also.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by hybridr6 View Post
                ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dist...20for%20linux/

                I have not tried it, but it's interesting none the less.
                I'm a little scared to download that... looks like warez or something. Can't screw up my devel rig to test!

                What are those supposed to be?

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by Thaidog View Post
                  I'm a little scared to download that... looks like warez or something. Can't screw up my devel rig to test!

                  What are those supposed to be?
                  Code:
                  # Copyright 1999-2007 Gentoo Foundation
                  # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
                  # $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/games-server/halflife-steam/halflife-steam-2.0.ebuild,v 1.12 2007/03/12 17:56:25 genone Exp $
                  
                  inherit eutils games
                  
                  DESCRIPTION="client for Valve Software's Steam content delivery program"
                  HOMEPAGE="http://www.steampowered.com/"
                  SRC_URI="http://www.steampowered.com/download/hldsupdatetool.bin"
                  
                  LICENSE="ValveServer"
                  I'd say the server bits of steam...

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by Thaidog View Post
                    I'm a little scared to download that... looks like warez or something. Can't screw up my devel rig to test!

                    What are those supposed to be?
                    That's an old abandoned attempt that has been around since 2003.

                    http://www.fileplanet.com/126568/120...nt-%5BLinux%5D

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
                      Code:
                      # Copyright 1999-2007 Gentoo Foundation
                      # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
                      # $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/games-server/halflife-steam/halflife-steam-2.0.ebuild,v 1.12 2007/03/12 17:56:25 genone Exp $
                      
                      inherit eutils games
                      
                      DESCRIPTION="client for Valve Software's Steam content delivery program"
                      HOMEPAGE="http://www.steampowered.com/"
                      SRC_URI="http://www.steampowered.com/download/hldsupdatetool.bin"
                      
                      LICENSE="ValveServer"
                      I'd say the server bits of steam...
                      It's used to run a source server on Linux. It just provides the means to download the files needed ( including the server binaries ). No client in there... it's sort of the client for the server

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X