Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it is actively developed, AFAIK. I'll let this Fedora forums user know that the site's news are quite dated.

Comment

-Unreal Tournament
      -Quake
      -Diablo

lots of games!

Comment

Neverwinter Nights. I've been playing it on and off since release day.
        Half-Life 2.
        Audiosurf (pre-fm patch).

Lucasarts back cat'... playing Fate of Atlantis and starting Sam n' Max... I love scummvm.

Might have to get a gamepad/joystick and see if Kilrathi Saga will fire up and obviously, it goes without saying, throw Vega Strike and Privateer remake on at the same time

I agree with the sentiments a few posts back, it's not the FOSS engines which are lacking, it's a lack of artists, modellers and texture people that seem to make FOSS games 'lacking'.

Comment

Linux Gaming FTW

Favorite Games (natively or not):
          Half Life Series (Wine)
          Uplink (Native)
          Unreal Tournament - All (Native/Wine)
          Warsow (Native)

Hello everyone!!!

Comment

Nexuiz and Enemy Territory are the 2 games I've spent a lot of time playing on Linux.

Oh, and supertux, too.

Comment

Originally posted by sloggerKhan View Post
              Nexuiz
              Nexuiz needs to work on the character animation. 3/4 of the time it looks like they are "skating" and feels like your shooting at cardboard cutouts.

Comment

Prey

Native game is Quake Wars.
                Through Wine/Cedega Prey was the best I've played.

Comment

Best opensource games

Openarena FTW
                  oh and Frozen bubble

Comment

Originally posted by sonoman View Post
                    -Unreal Tournament
                    -Quake
                    -Diablo

lots of games!
                    Quake has already native ports, Unreal Tournament (since UT99 and up to 2004) have native ports. I wish there were native ports of all Blizzard games, but that is only wishful thinking.

Comment

Warsow!!!! Sure, I suck at it, but what the hell, it's fun. Second comes Nexuiz.

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                        My favorite Linux game EVER is Darwinia. It's unique, original, very playable and in Linux. My perfect formula for great entertainment.

Two thumbs up.
                        Two years from this post... only one title to add. Neverwinter Nights. By the way, I wonder who can help out testing Neveredit whilst I get busy with fixing more bugs?

Comment

stratagus (and all warcraft2 clones for linux):
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/marco71/2747868594/

Comment

My all time favorite is Deus-Ex ( not DX:IW ). Closed source title but the only one I played through so many times I can't count it .

EDIT: Oh... just noticed... native only. Well then I would go for the original Unreal Tournament. Although DX uses the same engine it would have been possible to have a Linux client... but I think Loki had not been around back then.
                            Last edited by Dragonlord; 08-12-2008, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                              EDIT: Oh... just noticed... native only. Well then I would go for the original Unreal Tournament. Although DX uses the same engine it would have been possible to have a Linux client... but I think Loki had not been around back then.
                              I think you'll find that it was being ported by them...

What I'd been told by several parties at Loki that the code was almost to a beta stage when Loki pulled the plug on everything.

Comment

Indeed. Deus Ex is one of my favorite games ever... If they were to release a Linux version any time soon, based off that code, I would totally pay premium for it... even after all these years.

Comment

Working...
                                X