X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cities in motion 2

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
    For me the number one, I am still playing that occasionally. And the Civilization series of course.

You'd like this, CIM 2 strategy game (Cities in motion 2 ), and it's on sale for a give away price of $5 at Steam for another 36 hours. Hopefully some discount still exists to those who miss it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/225420/

Cities in motion 2 (CIM2) is quite addictive and gameplay and graphics are A+

The premise in CIM2 is to manage and improve an existing city, rather than outright grow a city with zoning and other management inputs. It really complements the Sim City Series games, as a more plausible and detailed transit system simulator. Sim City series never really managed to bother about even fairly basic details of their sims. (Still, it was a fun concept/game for for growing or evolving a city starting from a tiny town.) CIM2 very much complements this. It'd be great if someone comes up with a city converter between the two different universes; conversion could be done in a fuzzy way, much like X Plane (another nice impressive linux game) generates plausible scenery.

My sys is Ubuntu 14.10 and the install and gameplay is flawless on this, using a 3 yr old lower end laptop (AMD A6-3420M cpu/integrated graphics and vector compute).

My only complaint is Steam's somewhat obnoxious repeated email verification requests ( I think it asks everytime cookies are cleared, which for me is on every browser restart. That's a really stupid paranoid system IMO; I hope Steam gets some common sense injected into them soon.)

Comment

• I was a big Quake 3 fan for years, and it was the reason It felt okay to try Ubuntu back in that days , knowing I could still play one game I liked from windows..
      Later on I also found out that playing Diablo 2 under wine is possible , and even giving you an advantage - because I could run several instances of the client at same time ... in oppose to windows that required some extra programs

This days there are so much more good Linux games compare to like 7 years ago ...and lot of them that I like : Dota 2 , FTL , team fortress 2 , CS:GO , Civ 5 (Civ Be is still unplayable though ) ..

I am not sure whats the reason for the increase of that Linux game variety , maybe its Valve that pushes developers for that ? I am not sure.

Comment

• Of course its Valve and their steam machines, running debian.

At least thats what the latest rumors were.

A console with pc hardware so to say.

http://store.steampowered.com/steamo...rown?l=english

SteamOS Beta is the first public release of our Linux-based operating system. The base system draws from Debian 7, code named Debian Wheezy. Our work builds on top of the solid Debian core and optimizes it for a living room experience. Most of all, it is an open Linux platform that leaves you in full control. You can take charge of your system and install new software or content that you want.

Comment

Working...
        X