This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Open/Closed Source Games

Well, what are your favorite open-source and closed-source LINUX-NATIVE games?

Me personally, I think of all times it would have to be RTCW: Enemy Territory and Cube or Nexuiz. Though, I am very much waiting to see how Quake Wars: Enemy Territory will fare.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

I will always be up for a game of RTCW:ET (probably my favorite LAN party game). Lately I have been playing some Doom 3 and some UT2004, but I have fallen back to my old favorite; Warcraft 2 (using the Stratagus engine).

Comment

I had a terrific time with Quake 4, although my opinion seems to uncommon. I thought it was a really awesome action-shooter. Neverwinter Nights w/ expansions is a close second.

Quake Wars should be a blast. I'm really looking forward to that.

Comment

I've always loved Unreal Tournament, although I can't really get into Nexuiz. It just doesn't seem to have as tight gameplay as UT. I tend to play a little bit of Neverball when I am bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Williams
          I tend to play a little bit of Neverball when I am bored.
          I second that. Neverball and Neverputt are both great games.

EDIT: Now why isn't quoting working...?

Comment

My favorite Linux game EVER is Darwinia. It's unique, original, very playable and in Linux. My perfect formula for great entertainment.

Two thumbs up.

Comment

X2: The Threat, Doom 3, Cold War. Also have been playing Warcraft III through Cedega for almost 4 years now and I still cannot put it down.

Comment

Enemy Territory and Neverwinter Nights for me.

Comment

I'm a hardcore Starcraft Brood Wars fan, even though its windows only, it works good enough with cedega. I also like Warcraft III which works perfectly in cedega I haven't found a boat load of good linux native games, but I certainly do enjoy quake 3, quake 4, and unreal tournament 2004. Hopefully Quake Wars will be as enjoyable as the others

--Scott

Comment

Basically all of the UnrealTournament-Games and NWN.

Comment

Working...
                    X