Yukon - Open GL video recording source code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yukon - Open GL video recording source code

Hi everyone, I'm looking for the rewrite branch source code of Yukon, the app that records videos of OpenGL games.

I believe the url was here but the site seems to be gone now.

If anyone has a snapshot, that would be swell.

the site seems down

FileBox.ro este un Mall online cu o gama variata de produse pentru casa, birou, masina

that's the latest Yukon and Seom library that you need

there are seom-build.sh and yukon-build.sh scripts that do the compiling, those are set up for both 32bit and 64bit libs & binaries compilation, you can remove those lines about amd64/lib64 from these scripts if you're running in a 32bit-only system

on a 64bit system you will need the 32bit libs for recording 32bit application ( like those running with the help of Wine )

to compile this you will need some stuff, dev libs and such, i can't remember which ones exacly, until the Wiki is up, iirc, Yasm is needed, and ia32-libs, gcc-multilib and others for 32bit on 64bit systems, also some libglx-dev stuff ( on Debian at least, can't tell you on other distro )

as root
    cd seom
    run sh seom-build.sh
    run ldconfig; sync ( to get the libs recognised )
    cd ../yukon
    run sh yukon-build.sh
    run ldconfig; sync ( to get the libs recognised )

the home folder in the archive has the config, you need to put the .yukon folder in your HOME folder, edit it to your taste, note that if you point to a folder to store your recording the recorded file would get named after the running application ( be careful if you run the same application twice you might overwrite the recorded video )

running the witcher:
    yukon wine witcher.exe > /dev/null 2>&1
    extract&encode audio:
    yukon-filter --audio witcher1.seom | lame -h witcher1.mp3
    extract&encode video + audio:
    yukon-filter --video witcher1.seom | mencoder -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=4096 -oac copy -audiofile witcher1.mp3 -o witcher1.avi -
    the recorded video will be very big, it's raw uncompressed data, so be sure that you have a lot of free space, and a fast drive, recording 1024x768@15fps pushed about 7.5Mb/s

now, i presume you'll bang your head on the missing libs while compiling, track those mentioned file in the error and install the needed -dev file

post any error

good luck

Comment

Thanks a lot Licaon. I manage to get a google cache copy of that Rewrite Branch page so maybe that can give me a more information on the dependencies. Good luck to me. LOL.

BTW, Licaon, can you check this one to see if the list of dependencies are right?
      I play World of Warcraft and I wanted to record some fun moments. I looked into a few tools, but wasn't sure they would do what I wanted until I found Yukon. Yukon records OpenGL applications using seom video with lossless compression. I'm using Hardy atm and had a bit of trouble getting Yukon to work with their own Wiki so I desided to make my own how-to for Ubuntu. yukon Wiki https://devel.neopsis.com/projects/yukon/wiki/RewriteBranch 1. Install all required files. sudo apt-get
      Last edited by niniendowarrior; 08 November 2008, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
        Thanks a lot Licaon. I manage to get a google cache copy of that Rewrite Branch page so maybe that can give me a more information on the dependencies. Good luck to me. LOL.

BTW, Licaon, can you check this one to see if the list of dependencies are right?
        http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=752472
        i don't know really, i've got a lot of -dev packs installed

get those and work your way guided by the errors reported by make ( that's how i do it anyway )

Comment

It's in fact rather simple. Just look at the source files. I don't know anymore what kinds of deps it has since it's some time ago when I compiled this for capturing vids from my game engine. But whatever just look inside the Makefiles and look for LDFLAGS variables. All you need to do is looking at the -lXYZ includes where XYZ is the library included. There are not that many in fact hence posting these we can immediately tell you what libs you need

Comment

Good tip Dragonlord. I haven't gotten around building it yet. Have had to work on other stuff but I will soon.

Comment

Update:

So far, this is what I've found. I don't have a lot of time and I haven't begun building. Just a tiny update.

Code:
              sudo apt-get install libx11-dev libxv-dev x11proto-xext-dev mesa-common-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libasound2-dev build-essential subversion lame mplayer mencoder

Comment

Where you got this from? I don't think yukon needs all of this. Especially things like lame, mplayer and mencoder I can hardly imagine ( yukon records into an own video format and the last time I checked it had no sound recording ).

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                  Where you got this from? I don't think yukon needs all of this. Especially things like lame, mplayer and mencoder I can hardly imagine ( yukon records into an own video format and the last time I checked it had no sound recording ).
                  I found this in the Ubuntu forum, I think. There was a guy who was compiling it for Hardy. The latest release of Yukon does record sound, as far as I know.

Comment

If it works then it's okay. Just got a bit astonished about the deps. Still thinking they are too much though

Comment

Working...
                    X