No announcement yet.

Adobe Updates Flash Player 10 RC

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Updates Flash Player 10 RC

Phoronix: Adobe Updates Flash Player 10 RC

A month ago Adobe had pushed out its Flash Player 10 Release Candidate for Linux and their other supported platforms. Flash Player 10 introduces new 3D features, updated APIs, V4L2 web-camera support, and a variety of other improvements...

Adobe. Making flash suck less, a little bit at a time.

Doesn't work here (even Adobe's test page). Went back to previous 07xxxx release.

This release is a clear regression, when you do ldd on it you see this:

./ /lib/tls/ version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./ => not found => not found => not found => not found => not found => not found

That means it is too new for Debian etch.

you should use gnash on debian to be more coherent to debians policy. some times I don't understand debian users. sorry.
          Last edited by bulletxt; 09-16-2008, 09:17 AM.

Do you think I am a normal user?

I was just joking

anyways on kubuntu 8.04 64bit I have the same issue

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                That means it is too new for Debian etch.
                Ouch. I'd say that was a problem for Adobe then...

Quick question, what about Flash content overlapping navigation menu on a lot of sites? Has that been fixed within Flash 10?

Yes, that transparent menu/background things are fixed - all overlapping stuff works (example see the menus in adobe's own website ). In fact I remember I was happy to see it fixed in the version released in May itself .

Although a thing to note - sometimes sites with such overlapping menus crash, like (although I don't know its because of overlapping menus or heavy flash'ing in general).

On a related note, the website crashing thing is/was very frequent with firefox 3.0.X. Fortunately, I have been content with firefox 3.1 trunk (minefield).

Also here is something - on my year old Gentoo (glibc 2.5, gcc 4.1.2, ..), minefield with this latest flash beta works perfectly. But on Ubuntu 8.04.1, firefox is buggy as expected ( crashes for example), but minefield also has some glitches - example playing youtube videos fullscreen hangs the browser.

The two nagging issues for me that have been fixed with this rc - some flash sites are faster and more perfect (like,,, playing youtube videos in high quality no longer says " video no longer available.