Samba 4.4 Is Coming With Asynchronous Flush Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilfred View Post
    If you use active directory or ldap on your servers and winbind or sssd on your clients you can have different users also on the same box.
    But perhaps something like dlna (using rygel or so) might be what some people here want?

Personally I am a big fan of samba, since it enables you to use linux in your server room and still have windows clients in your office.
    Don't forget that samba since version 4.0 also supports acting as an active directory domain controller. I just wish configuring it was easier.

Yeah, samba is great, but it is made for Windows clients. I'll like it even more when it integrates with FreeIPA. FreeIPA can already make cross trusts with AD. Samba on RHEL7 has full DC support turned off because it conflicts with the Kerberos libs in FreeIPA. Once that get that figured out, things will be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffgus View Post
      Yeah, samba is great, but it is made for Windows clients. I'll like it even more when it integrates with FreeIPA. FreeIPA can already make cross trusts with AD. Samba on RHEL7 has full DC support turned off because it conflicts with the Kerberos libs in FreeIPA. Once that get that figured out, things will be awesome.
      Samba 4.3 as an AD DC can do a cross forest trust to freeipa. Although as you note, not the samba in RHEL7.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilfred View Post
        Samba 4.3 as an AD DC can do a cross forest trust to freeipa. Although as you note, not the samba in RHEL7.

Yeah, Samba can do that, great for Windows clients, but it doesn't really help native Linux users. Making a trust with FreeIPA gives better control and management of Unix/Linux users. For example, in FreeIPA I can make a sudo rule in the FreeIPA server that works across all the Unix/Linux that are joined to FreeIPA. Even if you add those items into AD, there is no way to easily manage it the rules.

Comment

Working...
        X