No announcement yet.

Adobe Releases Flash Version 11.2.202.356: Update NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check which version of Flash you have at: https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ If you use Pepper flash plugin in Chromium. $ sudo /usr/sbin/update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree --status $ sudo /usr/sbin/update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree --install To check version, and to update to latest.

Comment

IMO, click-to-play should have been enabled by default in all browsers a long time ago. Too bad it isn't considered a security feature by the chromium devs: https://crbug.com/371514#c3 https://crbug.com/495458, which means that click-to-play won't stop flash if you are accessing the swf directly, the movie will simply run without asking.

Originally posted by drev View Post
      Webmasters or so called web designers who use flash should be condemned
      THIS.

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      I could get rid of flash totally if I could figure out a way to copy video URLs without having to load the video in flashplayer first. flashget and video download helper and such require you to start the video with flashplayer before the "copy url" option becomes available. If that ever fixed I can remove flash altogether.
      Install and use youtube-dl. mpv has some youtube-dl integration and can play files directly if you pass it the URL.
      If that doesn't work, do this: press ctrl+u in the page that has the movie, then search for ".mp4" or ".flv". Most of the time you get a clear URL, but sometimes you'll get an encoded URL, so find a way to decode it (some script or a website that can do it for you). If you get nothing, it's because the config is either in an XML file (that you can also search for), or embedded in the swf itself (which requires decompilation; you can use https://www.free-decompiler.com/flash/download/ for that).
      Another method is to use noscript in firefox and forbid flash, that way you'll get a embedded frame that you'll have to click. You can get the URL to the swf file from that window by right-clicking on it and copying the URL from the menu.
      Last edited by asdfblah; 15 July 2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I've "updated" it - by erasing this bugged piece of adobe code from all computers I manage. Dear Adobe, your software sucks. Facebook's security guy already asked when this shit going be shut down. Well deserved question - I would call Flash player most troublesome software of past 5 years :P.

Comment

Originally posted by randomizer View Post
          Google Play Music also uses Flash, and actually doesn't work without it.
          Works fine without Flash.

Comment

Originally posted by cliff View Post
            I'm glad I am not the only one living in a parallel universe. I also have flash version 11.2.202.481 which I downloaded July 10 Friday. Because my browser warned me it was out of date last week.
            Originally posted by arekm View Post
            But the current version is 11.2.202.481 and I got it few days ago (9 July).
            Not a parallel universe. When I was typing this up from my notes I looked at the wrong bullet point. I sent Michael an email about updating the article with the correct version number since I can't do it myself.

All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by staggerlee View Post
              I use freshplayer http://www.webupd8.org/2014/05/fresh...per-flash.html works very well..
              this works pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by tancrackers

So anyone browsing ESPN, Bleacher Report, Facebook, Vine, Twitter, Steam, any online games, basically all major news sites, many .edu sites, Forbes, Business Insider, etc. should be shot?
                You're a fuckin' moron.
                idk about first 3 but vine, twitter and steam work fine without flash
                .edu sites SHOULD NEVER EVER USE FLASH (i know there are a few things, like a circuit simulator, that haven't been done in javascript)

today flash is only used for user tracking, when cookies arnt big enough, and shitty flash ads
                and TDs

flash is not just a security hole, it is also one of the (performance-wise) worst programs i ran across

Comment

"browsing" Facebook doesn't need Flash at all. Flash is required to do massive photos upload (more than 5 at once), and by some Facebook games/apps.

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post

idk about first 3 but vine, twitter and steam work fine without flash
                    .edu sites SHOULD NEVER EVER USE FLASH (i know there are a few things, like a circuit simulator, that haven't been done in javascript)

today flash is only used for user tracking, when cookies arnt big enough, and shitty flash ads
                    and TDs

flash is not just a security hole, it is also one of the (performance-wise) worst programs i ran across

Vine, Twitter, and Steam (trailers) all require flash on the desktop OSes. Even Twich needs flash! (Though, they should be rolling out html5 soon)
                    Like I said, there are too many sites using flash, especially the myriad of news sites. Also, Hulu! (unless they've changed, correct me then)

Originally posted by ari_linux View Post
                    "browsing" Facebook doesn't need Flash at all. Flash is required to do massive photos upload (more than 5 at once), and by some Facebook games/apps.
                    So, you've never seen videos posted on Facebook? How can you seriously make that claim?

Comment

Oh, Adobe is fighting it seems - released 491 version, which isn't blocked... yet

Comment

Working...
                      X