A New Round Of OpenSSL Vulnerabilities Discovered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
    A closed source project with as many developer as OpenSSL (ie, very small project), would never have ended up in as much machines as OpenSSL did, even if it was free. Mostly because it would be neither auditable nor accountable, in other word, in a sense, too insecure.
    As such, it's quite difficult to reach a comparative conclusions when comparable non-OSS projects don't exist.

Bullshit alaaaaaarm.

You being paid by Microsoft or by Apple?

Open source = auditible & accountable. You can always trace the path one has made an error, and nobody will deny it or play the blame game as happens most of the time in most multibillion corps.

- Oh, is that a security hole? I'm so sorry, must have been something the intern introduced. Wasn't my fault mr. chief executive.
    - Is that so? Well, ok then. We'll sell it as a feature, not a bug.

Once again, bullshite.

Comment

Originally posted by arabek View Post
      Open source = auditible & accountable. You can always trace the path one has made an error, and nobody will deny it or play the blame game as happens most of the time in most multibillion corps.
      Try reading that quote again before getting your panties in a twist. That's pretty much what erendorn said about accountability.

Comment

Originally posted by tuubi View Post
        Try reading that quote again before getting your panties in a twist. That's pretty much what erendorn said about accountability.
        Right, i must have been really tired or drunk to not notice that. Or both. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by tuubi View Post
          Originally posted by arabek View Post
          Right, i must have been really tired or drunk to not notice that. Or both. Sorry!
          flamers gotta flame!

np

Comment

Working...
          X