Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 1.7.14 Arrives With More Task Scheduler Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    all those tittles except maybe TITANFALL (i played the BETA and i liked it but i have serious doubts about final game.
    I was a little worried at first -- I played the Beta on Windows, but didn't get a chance to test it in Wine -- but it turns out that Titanfall does not require DX10/11. Requirements that have been posted say that DX9 is an option, which makes sense as it's a Source game.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
      I would like to see more benchmarks of Wine itself. It's a popular topic within Linux.

      Specifically with open source drivers and a verity of hardware.

      Nvidia Driver's are always going to produce great results within Wine, but lets see what happens with some open source drivers.
      This is correct, i suggest @michael for wine testing on amd, intel, nvidia with opensource and closed drivers and on various resolutions (as he show lastest test with uniengine, interesting test) because many gamers using lower resolutions than 1080p


      This is correct too, nvidia privative drivers on wine is very impresive on compatibility and performance than amd and this i can observe from many test done on my blog since 2009

      http://gamesonwine.blogspot.com/


      And since final 2013 from my channel

      https://www.youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28


      Respect this wine, i finish up another videos this is FarCry 3 on Wine 1.7.12 + nvidia 334.16




      amd on compatibility on wine maybe can chance with opensource (but opensource with similar performance than amd catalyst can take time, 1 or 2 years on my opinion, and from there go nvidia privative performance maybe can take another 1 or 2 years minimum on my opinion )
      Last edited by pinguinpc; 03-08-2014, 11:22 AM.

      Comment


      • #13
        i worng upper video, upper video is wine 1.7.14 with 334.21

        and this is farcry 3 with on wine 1.7.12 with nvidia 334.16



        this 5 minutes limit for edit is a pain on ass
        Last edited by pinguinpc; 03-08-2014, 11:26 AM.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by dffx View Post
          I was a little worried at first -- I played the Beta on Windows, but didn't get a chance to test it in Wine -- but it turns out that Titanfall does not require DX10/11. Requirements that have been posted say that DX9 is an option, which makes sense as it's a Source game.
          Should run well then if it's a Source game, as other Source games run close to Linux native performance with CSMT under Wine.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
            I would like to see more benchmarks of Wine itself. It's a popular topic within Linux. Specifically with open source drivers and a verity of hardware. Nvidia Driver's are always going to produce great results within Wine, but lets see what happens with some open source drivers.
            FOSS AMD drivers work well with Wine, although they are still hampered a decent amount on the GPU side. You can use CSMT and you'll get impressive gains with those drivers, as with the nvidia binary drivers.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
              FOSS AMD drivers work well with Wine, although they are still hampered a decent amount on the GPU side.

              You can use CSMT and you'll get impressive gains with those drivers, as with the nvidia binary drivers.
              AMD opensource drivers in future (2 years minimum for have nvidia compatibilty on my opinion and after this must be follow performance another 1.5 to 2 years on my opinion) can change for compatibility and performance but now dont have compatibility and performance than nvidia propietary drivers still using csmt

              And lastest nvidia propietary driver up performance in various games as dead rising 2, farcry 3, shadow warrior 2013, and maybe others


              Before 334.21

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxWlN_NV40I


              With 334.21




              For this reasons if you want performance and compatibility (big library game working) now, your only option is nvidia with propietary drivers, amd can better in future but not now


              Another thing csmt results depend game if you want more, you can consult my blog since 2009:

              http://gamesonwine.blogspot.com/


              Or my youtube channel , now have more 700 videos

              https://www.youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28
              Last edited by pinguinpc; 03-08-2014, 10:55 PM.

              Comment


              • #17
                @pinguinpc:

                performance with wine + nvidia-drivers is great

                unfortunately there's e.g. issues with Rayman Origins with textures becoming invisible (first they're there but almost instantly after loading & appearing they disappear),
                for example twines which can hurt you and above which you need to float/fly can't be seen, then flames in later levels (reported on wineHQ)

                not sure why this happens

                will try this out with the newer 334.21 driver + latest wine hopefully this improves things, with the previous version not much luck

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
                  @pinguinpc:

                  performance with wine + nvidia-drivers is great

                  unfortunately there's e.g. issues with Rayman Origins with textures becoming invisible (first they're there but almost instantly after loading & appearing they disappear),
                  for example twines which can hurt you and above which you need to float/fly can't be seen, then flames in later levels (reported on wineHQ)

                  not sure why this happens

                  will try this out with the newer 334.21 driver + latest wine hopefully this improves things, with the previous version not much luck
                  This is true, bugs always still present

                  For example on old wine, i can play alan wake but on lastest version if you use lantern all game graphics is corrupted, or MPEG lack support (Blood rayne 1-2, Resident Evil 4, Chaos Legion and nothers)

                  Input correctly support, on many games is needed using on windowed mode for prevent 360 degrees mouse movement error (Batman Arkham Asylum, Frontlines Fuel at War, FarCry 3, F.E.A.R 3 and others)

                  Dinput8 correct support, this problem affect some games (MotoGP 1-3 and maybe others )

                  And other things in various games

                  Respect 334.21 on my case fps performance up in various games

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    almost forget, recently crysis 1 work on wine vanilla but need save game and most curious error is this

                    one on game if you dont touch any key or dont move mouse gamework about 1 or 3 minutes max on my case, after this game crash , this game maybe run in anything moment

                    i still testing for solve this problems and upper problems described

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X