Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      I don't think this applies here, there was no standard to start with: ksplice has been in a limbo for a while now, and Oracle doesn't really have a history of reliability in open source projects. Suse and Red Hat seem to have developed different solutions in parallel in the meantime, probably out of the same concern.
      What I really hope is that they'll hae a collaborative attitude and maybe even merge the projects, if possible at all.

Comment

The cartoon worked much better after nanonyme's post than after ajs124's... need to hit "refresh" before replying next time

Comment

I'm not sure at what granularity the other solutions work but my hope is that we'll get some competition so we can have as robust a facility for hotpatching as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
            I'd prefer neither of them to end up in kernel but SuSE and RH engineers to sit in the same room, think of the good sides and bad sides of both implementations and implement a third one together that would be an evolutionary step from both.
            That sounds great except I don't think we need any more camels.

Comment

Working...
            X