KDBUS & Systemd Now Yields A Working System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    Zester... You're actually managing to piss ME off just from READING this conversation, and that doesn't happen often. Development of projects move on from their originals, Greg isn't the main developer anymore-- if he's even a developer on it at all. And you still have yet to say WHO or give reference TO who was this so called "Student Developer" that started KDBUS. So either start providing sources or shutup and stop trolling
    My mistake it was kbus that was a student project. I misread a topic posted by Greg. But the rest stands and I am not a Troll.

Comment

Originally posted by zester View Post
      Anyways I could demonstrate what experience I have with software development and ipc in general you would be impressed and my hands would hurt from all the copying/pasting, in the end it would all be pointless as the debate would just go back and fourth for days on end.

It's clear you have some form of invested interest into kdbus, that's fine. Regardless I maintain my own kernel tree.
      I have a vested interest in getting the truth. Not in kdbus. It won't take you more than a few minutes to name the student or demonstrate that you have any kind of experience at all. Your failure to do so while trying to change the subject is enough evidence for everyone here

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
        I have a vested interest in getting the truth. Not in kdbus. It won't take you more than a few minutes to name the student or demonstrate that you have any kind of experience at all. Your failure to do so while trying to change the subject is enough evidence for everyone here
        I already said ....

My mistake it was kbus that was a student project. I misread a topic posted by Greg. But the rest stands and I am not a Troll.
        Do you want reference to my experience in regards to software development on Linux. And why I am throwing a fit?

Comment

Rest off what? Show us the evidence that dbus is the least used ipc or zeromq has comparable usage. Nothing you claim has any evidence

Comment

Least you can admit a wrong point, better than some of these boards...

Comment

I have been an active member of the opensource community since 1997.

I have held a position as an editor for sites like..
              KDE-Look.org
              KDE-Apps.org
              KDE-Files.org
              Qt-Apps.org
              Qt-Prop.org
              MeeGo-Central.org
              Maemo-Apps.org
              Since 2004.

I have been a contributing member to KDE for as long as it has publicly existed.

If you use Linux, FreeBSD, Qt and KDE you have at one time or another ran into me or a snippet of my code Iím the guy who spoon fed you as a newbie lol

My Profile
              http://kde-look.org/usermanager/sear...sername=comtux

Up until about 2 years ago I was one of the longest standing Qt/Kde developer. Large portions of Qt5 and Kde4 came from research and development I did.

So not only do I just 'Know" about D-Bus sucking and its usage, Ive even counted how many linux applications use it in regards to ZeroMQ IPC/INPROC related work on Github and Bitbucket.

I have all kinds of pics and charts, .... but the forums are fucking with me and not letting me post any images.

Comment

This QML Desktop environment, was the first to ever exist, it pre-dates Unity and Kde's work by a few years and it made extremely heavy use of D-Bus.

Whoot the forum let me post an image!!!!

Comment

This was the Last Qt project I worked on before quitting the foundation. It made heavy use of D-Bus also. This was a 3D Texture Painting Application via Shader it used D-Bus to pass its rendering buffer to a third-party render.

I never completed this application unfortunately.

Comment

As far as I know this was the only Qt Desktop Environment with its own Window Manager and Compositor other than Kde to be completely done in Qt. As you can imagen it also used D-Bus extensively.

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
                      It really pains me to see that more and more Linux interfaces are available only under systemd, this refactoring of interfaces will make porting to non-Linux platforms almost impossible in the near future.
                      This is one thing I'd like to understand, and get confirmation on. Is use of kdbus tied to systemd? In other words, can kdbus only be used on systemd systems? I see the message, "The userspace side is developed in systemd", but suspect/hope that that's simply the first implementation.

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
                        kdbus is not tied systemd. But all the kdbus hate is tied to systemd. Because Newton's fourth law tells that any piece of Lennart-ware must be questioned by the never-dids. What happens in real life is that Lennart has his Lennart-ware ready for kdbus when Linux gets kdbus-enabled. Maybe Canonical might have some wacko-hack ready as well, but that will be highly questionable and Newton's fifth law tells Canonical will screw up while Mark praises it as Highly Testable Elegance in the Cloud.

Hating kdbus will be hating a part of Linux. Good luck with that.
                        Noooo the kdbus hate is because "Linux Development is a Fucking Popularity Contest!!!!" And if you piss the cool kids of then your
                        left playing in the sandbox by your self.

Secondly some developers only know how to do one thing, so they will do it to death with each iteration more complicated and bloated than the last.

Third Red Hat controls large portions of Linux and the NSA has them in there pocket. If you want to learn a little something about security and exploits
                        find your self a crypto expert and ask them why overly complicated code is bad, and how easy it is to "accidentally" lol expose an off by one bug/exploit/back door.

Comment

Originally posted by phred14 View Post
                          This is one thing I'd like to understand, and get confirmation on. Is use of kdbus tied to systemd? In other words, can kdbus only be used on systemd systems? I see the message, "The userspace side is developed in systemd", but suspect/hope that that's simply the first implementation.
                          Just to get to the point, and avoid the extraneous arguments... Yes, if someone else wants to come in and develop an alternative user-space side to things they are more than welcome to. But so far the only one is systemd

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
                            Nobody wants to play with the weird kid. The same goes for kernel developers. Greg happens to get work done instead of posting s... about NSA. You might as well brace your self, kdbus is coming.
                            Bahhh if I can build an all BSD Linux system with the only GPL component being the Kernel, I can give kdbus the boot also. Sooo yahh somethings coming.

Comment

I have been a contributing member to KDE for as long as it has publicly existed.
                              Do you have any actual proof that you have done any major KDE developement? I couldn't find anything notable by searching by your nick/real name.

Large portions of Qt5 and Kde4 came from research and development I did.
                              Proof?

What exatly is that supposed to show? There's nothing but some crappy artwork.

Ive even counted how many linux applications use it in regards to ZeroMQ IPC/INPROC related work on Github and Bitbucket.
                              So what notable projects use it?

I have all kinds of pics and charts, .... but the forums are fucking with me and not letting me post any images.
                              Maybe you should then host them elsewhere? You are not exactly making a convincing point.

Comment

Originally posted by Teho View Post
                                Do you have any actual proof that you have done any major KDE developement? I couldn't find anything notable by searching by your nick/real name.
                                I doubt you are going to find anything much despite the grandiose claims. A bit of searching returned the name as Steven Starr and this post which seems to explain what is going on.

http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...098#post288098

Comment

Working...
                                X