Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.7.0 Released, Starts Again With The Changes

Phoronix: Wine 1.7.0 Released, Starts Again With The Changes

With Wine 1.6 having been released two weeks ago with 10,000+ changes, we're now out of the code freeze and Wine 1.8 development has begun. Wine 1.7.0 was released today as the first version in this new development series...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQyNzU

Still no winepulse... At least it's getting there, last I heard about that is that it didn't make it into 1.6 due to code freeze, and the patch simply wasn't resubmitted after the freeze yet...

Comment

Nothing about input? In wine 1.5.13 raw input worked well, in 1.6 it works, but mouse warp doesn't work anymore in at least Risen, so you can only rotate about 360 degree before hitting the edge of the window.

Comment

If they're not accepting FOSS d3d9 drivers in WINE, then they're pulling a Sun Microsystems. Maybe WINE is being turned into the next MySQL? A fork would also allow for a rebranding.. How much of WINE is from codeweavers vs community contributors?
        Last edited by ethana2; 08-02-2013, 04:53 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I think someone may need to calm down a bit.

Comment

No DX11 Support....

Comment

About gallium d3d9 support. Any current info available for how to get that setup with current releases of wine?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                About gallium d3d9 support. Any current info available for how to get that setup with current releases of wine?
                far as i know there is a Patch for it on the wine forums

Comment

Most important?

What are the most important parts missing in Wine?

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
                    If they're not accepting FOSS d3d9 drivers in WINE, then they're pulling a Sun Microsystems. Maybe WINE is being turned into the next MySQL? A fork would also allow for a rebranding.. How much of WINE is from codeweavers vs community contributors?
                    They didn't accept the original DX11 code because it was Linux specific and Wine/CodeWeavers has to work on Linux, BSD and Mac. Its not that they just said "No screw you"

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
                      far as i know there is a Patch for it on the wine forums
                      OK, thanks. I'll be going through and trying to get that setup tonight I think. I have a gentoo system installed with the latest 1.6 version of wine installed. I have a working version of Eve Online and Star Trek Online. Steam client for Windows is also installed and working where the only Valve title I own is HL2. Which works perfectly. Eve works very good except for some frame drops occurring during the process of going to warp or coming out of warp. Star Trek is got some performance issues, but otherwise plays very well. HL2 performance is damn good.

Other games that I've tried but dont work correctly include Skyrim, Civ V, and Supreme Commander. Skyrim crashes during the game load. Civ V seems to work flawlessly with the exception that the ground textures are missing, they just show up black. Supreme Commander seems to load, I can hear the background music as if the game is running, but it just loads a black screen and clicking around randomly doesnt seem to do anything.

According to the report made these games should all work with these d3d9 patches. I'm very interested to try it out.
                      Last edited by duby229; 08-02-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

API coverage

Wine implements 74% of the Windows API.

http://www.winehq.org/winapi_stats

Only 2% of d3d11 though.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                          Wine implements 74% of the Windows API.

http://www.winehq.org/winapi_stats

Only 2% of d3d11 though.
                          Thanks for point that out. Wine now is in a great development speed, and i think that in a few more years, 99% of windows apps will be perfectly emulated. And if the d3d 9 native implementation is a success i would definetely delete windows and stay forever in linux

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                            What are the most important parts missing in Wine?
                            d3d11
                            almost no games will release with d3d9 support shortly anyways, it's dead.
                            many bigger games are already releasing d3d11-only.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                              They didn't accept the original DX11 code because it was Linux specific and Wine/CodeWeavers has to work on Linux, BSD and Mac. Its not that they just said "No screw you"
                              But that's not a direct reason, is it? I mean, it's just another feature like "If the platform supports dx11 then use it, if not use whatever wine has". A direct reason would be that it'd be too much work maintaining all this.

Comment

Working...
                              X