Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 3.9 Kernel Released With Lots Of Features

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Linux 3.9 Kernel Released With Lots Of Features

    Phoronix: Linux 3.9 Kernel Released With Lots Of Features

    Linus Torvalds officially released the Linux 3.9 kernel and with the new open-source kernel comes support for a whole lot of new features...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM2MDU

  • #2
    good

    I hope it will be avaiable soon in the manjaro repositories

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
      I hope it will be avaiable soon in the manjaro repositories
      2 or 3 weeks. Arch will probably have it by tomorrow or the day after.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ericg View Post
        Arch will probably have it by tomorrow or the day after.
        Yep, but only in testing of course. It takes quite long to come into the non-testing repos. Is there a general rule of thumb how long it takes?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
          Yep, but only in testing of course. It takes quite long to come into the non-testing repos. Is there a general rule of thumb how long it takes?
          Usually it takes a couple of minor releases. Should be in [core] when 3.9.2 comes out.

          Comment


          • #6
            Has anyone tested the LZO performance of the new kernel? Particularly with respect to btrfs?

            Comment


            • #7
              Finally! Been waiting for this kernel release due to the audio improvements, thanks for the post Micheal. One of the weak spots of Linux is still the audio, going to install 3.9 right now.

              Comment

              Working...
              X