Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upstart 1.8 Release Brings Two Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Upstart 1.8 Release Brings Two Changes

    Phoronix: Upstart 1.8 Release Brings Two Changes

    Upstart, the event/init daemon still being used by Ubuntu Linux rather than systemd or SysVinit, is now up to version 1.8. Compared to earlier releases that brought more changes, Upstart 1.8 just brings two official changes over Upstart 1.7...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMzNjI

  • #2
    Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
    Good job Canonical! Refuse and resist that systemd horseshit!
    as a normal user on suse 12.3 which now uses systemd I have found 0 reasons to not like it, it works smooth, boots fast so what more would I want ?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Xilanaz View Post
      as a normal user on suse 12.3 which now uses systemd I have found 0 reasons to not like it, it works smooth, boots fast so what more would I want ?
      I use upstart on Ubuntu and systemd on Arch. Both work smooth and boot fast.
      Can't say that any of them is better than the other.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Pajn View Post
        I use upstart on Ubuntu and systemd on Arch. Both work smooth and boot fast.
        Can't say that any of them is better than the other.

        upstart isn't bad, but systemd has a more modern architecture and more features.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
          upstart isn't bad, but systemd has a more modern architecture and more features.
          Like what? QR-code generation? I don't need this garbage thank you.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Pajn View Post
            I use upstart on Ubuntu and systemd on Arch. Both work smooth and boot fast.
            Can't say that any of them is better than the other.
            Obviously the one more actively developed which is systemd.


            Originally posted by ворот93 View Post
            Like what? QR-code generation? I don't need this garbage thank you.
            Then don't install it. It's a modular component.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
              Obviously the one more actively developed which is systemd.
              And you measured that using...?
              Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
              Then don't install it. It's a modular component.
              Modular like binary logs?

              Comment


              • #8
                I thought you were joking with the QR code comment. Dear god, you were not.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ворот93 View Post
                  And you measured that using...?

                  Modular like binary logs?
                  you don't need to use journald either, systemd lets you use other logging solutions if you wish.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X