Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developers Still Pursue Linux Kernel With LLVM/Clang

Phoronix: Developers Still Pursue Linux Kernel With LLVM/Clang

Open-source developers are still pursuing the feat of building the mainline Linux kernel with the LLVM/Clang compiler rather than GCC...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI4NzM

LLVM/CLANG is static

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Developers Still Pursue Linux Kernel With LLVM/Clang

Open-source developers are still pursuing the feat of building the mainline Linux kernel with the LLVM/Clang compiler rather than GCC...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI4NzM
    Blasphemy! The greatest compiler collection & the the greatest library of [C] evolves with the rest of the system, with each added library!

taco BELL will FOIL μ!
    Last edited by juxtatux; 01-29-2013, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juxtatux View Post
      Blasphemy! The greatest compiler collection & the the greatest library of [C] evolves with the rest of the system, with each added library!

taco BELL will FOIL μ!
      "They" want everyone to use their compiler. And then, when everyone is using it, a worm will come out of the rotten apples

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
        "They" want everyone to use their compiler. And then, when everyone is using it, a worm will come out of the rotten apples
        No one forces you to use their compiler.

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
          Maybe I'm not in tune but I can't C this roadmap.... BLASt ... FOILed ... the weight of the world ... Need to sharpen my dutch pencil & emerge GDB. Maybe even wine about it<jk>... and on a less cryptic note, I think ARM sucks. My kid's phone games are glossy lobotomizers. Old 8bit games were more sophisticated albeit pixalaited. So screw 'tehm' ... Those two -Og(s) Einstein and Huxley went to a Rocky horror picture show and saw this coming.

Comment

von Drashek, is that you?

Comment

OS X and BSD have been dumped the crap GPL GCC compiler tools for the modern BSD based Clang/LLVM and have their complete systems built off it for a long time already.

Is the Linux codebase that bad or are the Linux developers just incompetent?

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post
                OS X and BSD have been dumped the crap GPL GCC compiler tools for the modern BSD based Clang/LLVM and have their complete systems built off it for a long time already.
                It only took them 20 years

Comment

guess I'll spell it out

I dunno... GDB, Atlas tuned algebra , PPL graphite, compile GCC GlibC Binutils & GNU toolchain 1000x w/ -march=native -Os and my binaries are FAR superior to LLVM/CLANG. My Wine dumps are -=[C]razy=-

Guess I'm not cool like iPhone, but I know what Bell labs was setting up 40+ years ago

Comment

Working...
                  X