China Makes A Java Version Of Core LLVM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randomizer View Post
    Never tell a developer that their pet project is a waste of talent. If it wasn't valuable to them, they wouldn't be doing it. Many useful things have come from pet projects.
    Yes, I agree with you

Comment

Originally posted by gamerk2 View Post
      Really, the main reason why C/C++ isn't being taught anymore is because is HARD. Its not a fun language to teach the basics in. [I actually recommend people learn an easier syntax, like Pascal or even Algol 68 first].
      C isn't too difficult to learn because, despite some inconsistencies in its syntax that make working with pointers more complicated than necessary, it is a fairly simple and small language. C++ on the other hand has so many inconsistencies and is so big and complicated that there are maybe one or two people in the world who really know it (and C++'s inventor has professed he is not one of them).

So I agree that teaching students how to work with pointers can better be done with a modern (Object) Pascal implementation (I don't know Algol 68, so difficult to say anything about it). For teaching basic programming, Python or another language with a simple syntax and no boilerplate overhead (so no Java or C#) would be good too.

Comment

Originally posted by randomizer View Post
        Never tell a developer that their pet project is a waste of talent. If it wasn't valuable to them, they wouldn't be doing it. Many useful things have come from pet projects.
        Said well!

Comment

Working...
        X