Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AddressSanitizer Being Ported To GCC Trunk

Phoronix: AddressSanitizer Being Ported To GCC Trunk

GCC developers continue to work on bringing AddressSanitizer, which is part of the LLVM project, to their open-source compiler in hopes of better catching memory bugs and errors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wait, I thought LLVM was junk

I'm confused. Every time there's an LLVM posting, there's a slew of commenters wondering why LLVM even exists. They state that GCC is far superior and LLVM is a waste of effort. It can't possibly be true that competition between two open-source projects is actually useful for something.

Comment

Originally posted by ctwise View Post
      I'm confused. Every time there's an LLVM posting, there's a slew of commenters wondering why LLVM even exists. They state that GCC is far superior and LLVM is a waste of effort. It can't possibly be true that competition between two open-source projects is actually useful for something.
      I agree but the reverse is also true, we have the same type zelots saying GCC is worthless. This highlights Google's commitment to both toolchains as they wrote Address Sanitizer initially for LLVM and are now porting it to GCC.

Comment

Working...
      X