Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTFS-3G Sees Major Update w/ Faster Compression

Phoronix: NTFS-3G Sees Major Update w/ Faster Compression

Tuxera has released a new community version of their NTFS-3G FUSE file-system implementation. This new release packs some new features...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA0NjY

community ntfs-3g driver is painfully slow.

Comment

Watch out those upcoming hordes of Linux servers using NTFS because it's faster.

Comment

It's slow as hell, but the only thing that saves the day. I'm just glad it's there. The in-kernel driver is a dead piece of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          It's slow as hell, but the only thing that saves the day. I'm just glad it's there. The in-kernel driver is a dead piece of crap.
          I'd only use this if I need to rescue a broken Windoze system using a Linux livecd or to play my music that's on an NTFS partition

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
            I'd only use this if I need to rescue a broken Windoze system using a Linux livecd or to play my music that's on an NTFS partition
            In my case, it's mostly the music ;-) But installing games and other software in Windows and in Wine in the same location is also very (very!) helpful. Hard disks are very expensive right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              Does it have problems reading?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Does it have problems reading?
                It can't write. Which makes it useless for me. If it weren't for NTFS-3G, I couldn't imagine how I could use my computer right now.

Comment

If it reads flawlessly, it's good enough for many purposes, such as rescue use. I don't see why call it crap in that case.

Comment

A file system that can't create files? Sorry, that *is* crappy :-P Another term might be "lame" instead of crap. Use that if it suits you better ^_^

Comment

Working...
                    X