Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 4.8 Draws In Platform Abstraction, New WebKit

Phoronix: Qt 4.8 Draws In Platform Abstraction, New WebKit

Qt 4.8 was released today with several new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"there's 108 improvements and bug fixes available in Qt Commercial 4.8.0 that are not part of the LGPL release."

Open source at its best.

Comment

Back to square one?

Comment

RTFA:
        I want to underline that this is not the intended way of differentiating our offering. Going forward I hope that we can be more aligned. I would like to see most of the current delta integrated to Qt by the time of 4.8.1, if it is possible.
        (yeah a 10 character limit is very useful, I agree, it really increases the SNR ratio of my message, don't you agree?)

Comment

Originally posted by maleadt View Post
          RTFA:

(yeah a 10 character limit is very useful, I agree, it really increases the SNR ratio of my message, don't you agree?)
          I hate this rule too, it became the stupidest one after the editing rule was fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            "there's 108 improvements and bug fixes available in Qt Commercial 4.8.0 that are not part of the LGPL release."

Open source at its best.
            Such crying won't help anyone. Maybe you expect they'll send you pizza, too? Switch to commercial version if you like. I'll rather wait for 4.8.1.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
              Such crying won't help anyone. Maybe you expect they'll send you pizza, too? Switch to commercial version if you like. I'll rather wait for 4.8.1.
              I'd rather switch to GTK+, where theres no differentiation between different users. And I agree with Qaridarium that this may be very well part of their business strategy, to get more paying customers.

Comment

You people are such morons. Maybe writing it again helps:
                So now there is total of 108 improvements and bug fixes available in Qt Commercial 4.8.0 that are not part of the LGPL release. I want to underline that this is not the intended way of differentiating our offering. Going forward I hope that we can be more aligned. I would like to see most of the current delta integrated to Qt by the time of 4.8.1, if it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                  I'd rather switch to GTK+, where theres no differentiation between different users. And I agree with Qaridarium that this may be very well part of their business strategy, to get more paying customers.
                  Will you rewrite KDE in GTK+? I don't like I have to wait for Qt 4.8.1 to be on pair with commercial version, but I was surprised why someone blames entire Open Source, because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                    Will you rewrite KDE in GTK+? I don't like I have to wait for Qt 4.8.1 to be on pair with commercial version, but I was surprised why someone blames entire Open Source, because of this.
                    Oh god of disease, please no. GTK+ whilst a okay toolkit is nowhere in the league of QT. GTK+ is not even as good as motif lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X