KQ ZFS Linux Is No Longer Actively Being Worked On

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wingfeather View Post
    Really? I follow the mailing list and the bug tracker closely and nearly all the traffic there is finding ways to match Solaris behaviour with linux behaviour.
    Maybe those are just the first steps to make it fully working on Linux (by fully I mean features)? Maybe then it will have to match the performance and stability compared to ZFS on solaris?

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman
      Maybe those are just the first steps to make it fully working on Linux (by fully I mean features)? Maybe then it will have to match the performance and stability compared to ZFS on solaris?
      I think so, yes. At this point, it really is about making things work correctly. I've no idea how much work there is to do in performance tuning. Probably loads. Brian does say that none has been done at this point - all efforts are very much on hooking things up properly. That said, performance isn't that bad.

As for stability, with luck, the linux-specific parts of the code will hopefully mature quite quickly. From reading the list, it appears that the relevant differences between Linux and Solaris' kernel are becoming quite well understood, so hopefully the number of Gotcha's will start decreasing.

Comment

Working...
      X