No announcement yet.

On The Heels Of An Impressive Launch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that the idea of simply recompiling the whole Gentoo system with this is extremely optimistic.

Although this is unlikely to ever replace GCC (same with CLang), it's always great to have more open source compilers out there.

Comment

Originally posted by bbordwell View Post
      The Himeno benchmark is single threaded so there is no way openCL is causing this performance bump.
      thats wrong you can calculate speculative on multiple cores

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
        Micheal you revealed it,...$1795 )
        http://www.pathscale.com/ekopath-compiler-suite
        hey yes nice :-) but after this we still need openCL ...

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
          hey yes nice :-) but after this we still need openCL ...
          Would OpenCL run at the speed of the card or at the speed of the driver optimizations? (ignoring that it has to pass through some software layers to get to the card)

OpenCL kernels running on the GPU should not be impacted by driver optimization while they are running on the GPU, right?

Comment

This article is one of the worst I have EVER read... What the hell is this article EVEN TALKING ABOUT!? What is Dirndl?

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
              This article is one of the worst I have EVER read... What the hell is this article EVEN TALKING ABOUT!? What is Dirndl?
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirndl

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
                Did you even read the article?
                Originally posted by Article
                "Dirndl" is the codename for this new project that we shall use until the official announcement is made.

Comment

Q posted what a Dirndl is. A simple google helps too.

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                    Would OpenCL run at the speed of the card or at the speed of the driver optimizations? (ignoring that it has to pass through some software layers to get to the card)

OpenCL kernels running on the GPU should not be impacted by driver optimization while they are running on the GPU, right?
                    i think its a mix of both hardware speed and driver optimizations.

Comment

At least this time it's software that's already compatible with Linux, unlike the Lightworks video editor, which we probably won't see natively supported on linux for another 5-10 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X