Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 3.4 Meets The World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    What I don't understand is how OO/LO can still be so damn fugly. Firefox sorted out gtk in ff3 ages ago. What's the big deal?

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by Xanikseo View Post
      What I don't understand is how OO/LO can still be so damn fugly. Firefox sorted out gtk in ff3 ages ago. What's the big deal?
      its probably low on the list and yeah give them some time they just started and have to clean a lot of code as far as i understand

      they need to modernize the user interface regardless of toolkit

      Comment


      • #13
        Try the kde/qt version and see how that goes.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by devius View Post
          In Ubuntu there was already a "lo-appmenu" package before version 3.4 so I'm not sure what the difference is going to be with the newer version. Do you have that package installed?
          Right, but the 3.4 release notes indicated this was now a component of LO itself, and not a third-party addon via canonical. I assumed that since I installed the upstream provided build, it would have features upstream indicated.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by renkin View Post
            Try the kde/qt version and see how that goes.
            I have tried the kde-qt integration and it works, albeit with a few bugs

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
              I have tried the kde-qt integration and it works, albeit with a few bugs
              What distribution are you running? Do you need any special environment variables?

              Comment


              • #17
                Wow, still no proper OpenType support. I want to be able to use ligatures and alternate glyphs on Linux. In any software actually, I don't care!

                Comment


                • #18
                  I can use alternate glyphs in LO, but have to copy them from somewhere else as they often aren't included in the symbols. I have found all I need on this website: http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/
                  (note that this was done with LO 3.3.2 - but I think it'll still be working in 3.4)
                  I also hope that they will introduce a proper way to rotate, resize and crop images anywhere soon. I still have to run Microsoft Office for the time being.

                  But still, it's great to see that LO improves.
                  Last edited by AlbertP; 07-17-2011, 06:46 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by AlbertP View Post
                    I can use alternate glyphs in LO, but have to copy them from somewhere else as they often aren't included in the symbols. I have found all I need on this website: http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/
                    Thanks for the link. I used alternate glyphs by opening the font in Fontforge and copying the alternate glyphs block into some unused area that will show up in the "add symbols" dialog. Cyrillic say. It's cumbersome though and it's not a solution for ligatures at all, as I want these to be inserted automatically. Typesetting should be easier today than in the times of hot metal and with the current state of LibreOffice it doesn't seem to be.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X