Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will The Linux 2.6.39 Kernel Bring Graphics Magic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    B.t.w. we have 2.6.38!

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by Jimbo
      Has someone else confirmed that this guy is not under drug effects?
      Well that's exactly what Michael is going to test, isn't he?

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
        ... if you sort the advances on a year-after-year basis you can help but wonder how many awesomeness still need to be performed to actually gain some respectable desktop marketshare
        Not to turn this thread into market share bafflegab but I really think Unity (maybe Gnome 3 too) makes the Linux desktop modern and shine compared to osx/win7. I mean Unity the one a year from now - not the one released this spring which is mainly a stopgap solution (but still cool). A good office suit and Wayland would push it even further, not to mention full GL3.3 support - these are coming too - but too slowly.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by Jimbo
          Has someone else confirmed that this guy is not under drug effects?
          Hmm, yeah...hard to confirm what a user said without doing what he said he did.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by cl333r View Post
            Not to turn this thread into market share bafflegab but I really think Unity (maybe Gnome 3 too) makes the Linux desktop modern and shine compared to osx/win7. I mean Unity the one a year from now - not the one released this spring which is mainly a stopgap solution (but still cool). A good office suit and Wayland would push it even further, not to mention full GL3.3 support - these are coming too - but too slowly.
            The linux desktop failed to make the people to "want to change" something that Apple did with its "cool" image and everything.

            Other than that there are some areas that need polishing (unified audio (unify jack & PA), simple 3rd party software installations etc) but in most cases there aren't many things that you can't do on linux.

            Comment


            • #16
              Haha and also not to start the Year of the Linux Desktop bafflegab, but even if Linux is better then people still not want to switch. What Linux needs is to be new and different, but maybe Unity will bring just that?

              Oh and the office suit: Google Docs is a joke compared to Libre Office and yet; guess what's (probably) more popular. It is because it's new and different in a sence that it gives people something that surpases the use of MS Office. Who gives a shit that it is a 1000 times less powerful? It enables user to jump into the future "n shit".

              Comment


              • #17
                Well I just bought a HIS 5550 with GDDR 5 since It's been a year since that chip came out. So hopefully it will have support in another 6 months. Unfortunately it all didn't happen in time to duck gnome 3.0.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by Hephasteus View Post
                  Well I just bought a HIS 5550 with GDDR 5 since It's been a year since that chip came out. So hopefully it will have support in another 6 months. Unfortunately it all didn't happen in time to duck gnome 3.0.
                  evergreen chips have been supported for a while now.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Hello,
                    Nice thread! I really like your provided information. It's really helpful for me.
                    In my point of view, most of the people will love your thread. Thanks!!

                    Thanks
                    __________
                    Toronto seo company

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by Pip Torrens View Post
                      Hello,
                      Nice thread! I really like your provided information. It's really helpful for me.
                      In my point of view, most of the people will love your thread. Thanks!!

                      Thanks
                      __________
                      Toronto seo company
                      I guess you are a bot

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X