Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oracle Ends The Week With VirtualBox 4 Beta 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oracle Ends The Week With VirtualBox 4 Beta 4

    Phoronix: Oracle Ends The Week With VirtualBox 4 Beta 4

    Oracle's been on a wild ride the past few days. Besides Oracle's second quarter earnings having beaten their own expectations and that of the street, they've been releasing updates this week to a number of their Sun-acquired open-source projects. MySQL 5.5 was finally released, Open Office 3.3 made it out (along with a new web-based Oracle Cloud Office product), and their German counterparts have been releasing VirtualBox beta releases like mad...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODkzMA

  • #2
    What's even the point of such fast betas? No one gets a chance to download and really test them out. They might as well just do internal QA cycles with this rate...

    Normally I don't complain about release early release often, but at this rate, by the time you download it and install it, a new beta is out!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
      What's even the point of such fast betas? No one gets a chance to download and really test them out. They might as well just do internal QA cycles with this rate...

      Normally I don't complain about release early release often, but at this rate, by the time you download it and install it, a new beta is out!
      I downloaded beta2, pointed out that they had broken the ability to install Jolicloud, and they had it fixed in about two days and released another beta shortly after. So, maybe I'm partially to blame.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
        What's even the point of such fast betas? No one gets a chance to download and really test them out. They might as well just do internal QA cycles with this rate...

        Normally I don't complain about release early release often, but at this rate, by the time you download it and install it, a new beta is out!
        Release early, release often. I like it Finally, something Oracle is doing right, unlike OpenSolaris.

        Comment


        • #5
          Well RC3 had fully broken cd/dvd device support, so RC4 is just a hotfix...

          Comment


          • #6
            Guess what is STILL broken....

            This is why I don't care about paying for shit that works.

            Comment


            • #7
              Maybe they would need a test device...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kano View Post
                Maybe they would need a test device...
                Grab a UVD device then. Same issue hurts them.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                  Guess what is STILL broken....

                  This is why I don't care about paying for shit that works.
                  If you're so anti-open source, what are you doing here wasting your time?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    @deanjo

                    Maybe report YOUR bug then with the cheapest device possible that shows the error.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by aussiebear View Post
                      If you're so anti-open source, what are you doing here wasting your time?
                      There is a HUGE difference between "anti-opensource" and "anti-broken software".

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X