Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64-bit Adobe Flash Linux Support Is Back

Phoronix: 64-bit Adobe Flash Linux Support Is Back

Earlier this year Adobe made the rather strange decision to pull their 64-bit Linux Flash Player, but now they have comeback to release 64-bit versions of the Adobe Flash Player for Linux, Mac OS X, and Microsoft Windows operating systems...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODYwMg

Woot! Can't wait to install me some proprietary pluginz. At least I can once again ditch the nspluginwrapper.

I've been having trouble with youtube html5 h.264 videos lately.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. FGLRX driver is now out today btw. 16-Sep,2010.

Comment

Atleast they fixed some bugs and I don't crash with some pages again ow... and kongregate finally works.

Comment

Great. Does it also fix this "critical vulnerability"?

Comment

Originally posted by 0e8h View Post
            Thanks for the heads up. FGLRX driver is now out today btw. 16-Sep,2010.
            And yet again they didn't fix anything.

Comment

At what point will people finally start believing that adobe isn't to be trusted?

Comment

mhm, with this new beta, i don't have any tearing anymore in fullscreen mode on nvidia (7800gtx) and intel (945gma)

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                  At what point will people finally start believing that adobe isn't to be trusted?
                  I guess it's been known for a while now !
                  http://www.linux.com/archive/feed/15087

We really need to support HTML5 and get done with this!

Comment

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
                    I guess it's been known for a while now !
                    http://www.linux.com/archive/feed/15087

We really need to support HTML5 and get done with this!
                    This...and it's about time we reduced our dependency on Flash and rely more on open standards for presenting video content.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
                      This...and it's about time we reduced our dependency on Flash and rely more on open standards for presenting video content.
                      We and what army?

If it stays on Windows, it stays for good (and forever).

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                        We and what army?

If it stays on Windows, it stays for good (and forever).
                        It goes beyond Linux. There are a lot of Windows and Mac users wanting open standards too. In fact, Apple fanboys are especially ecstatic about promoting HTML5 due to the whole Apple vs. Adobe quarreling.

Comment

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
                          It goes beyond Linux. There are a lot of Windows and Mac users wanting open standards too. In fact, Apple fanboys are especially ecstatic about promoting HTML5 due to the whole Apple vs. Adobe quarreling.
                          No, there are not. Only the usual geeks (like you and me) know or care. For the rest (vast majority), Flash works and they don't even know what it actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                            No, there are not. Only the usual geeks (like you and me) know or care. For the rest (vast majority), Flash works and they don't even know what it actually is.
                            I think people care, when they can't use flash on their iphones.

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
                              I think people care, when they can't use flash on their iphones.
                              I think that people who use ijunk don't have a brain and therefore are incapable of caring.

Comment

Working...
                              X