AppArmor Is Going Into The Linux 2.6.36 Kernel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Did exactly that. Steam installs but doesn't run.
    Code:
    wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wineboot.exe"
    err:process:start_wineboot failed to start wineboot, err 2
    CellID: Fetching server list from CSDS. . .
    fixme:process:SetProcessShutdownParameters (00000100, 00000000): partial stub.
    err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.
    err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
    Not exactly working here.
    That appears be a Wine issue. Nothing to do with SELinux. Report a bug upstream.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
      That appears be a Wine issue. Nothing to do with SELinux. Report a bug upstream.
      Realy? SELinux is still whining.
      [root@vincent-desktop vincent]# /sbin/restorecon '/home/vincent/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/bin/p2pvoice.dll'
      [root@vincent-desktop vincent]# chcon -t textrel_shlib_t '/home/vincent/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/bin/SteamService.dll'
      [root@vincent-desktop vincent]# chcon -t textrel_shlib_t '/home/vincent/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/bin/p2pvoice.dll'
      [root@vincent-desktop vincent]# chcon -t textrel_shlib_t '/home/vincent/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/bin/p2pvoice.dll'
      [root@vincent-desktop vincent]# /sbin/restorecon '/home/vincent/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/bin/mss32_s.dll'
      [root@vincent-desktop vincent]# chcon -t textrel_shlib_t '/home/vincent/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/bin/mss32_s.dll'
      Will post when this shit train ends

Comment

Hi,

You have to make the right booleans are toggled. Refer to

http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/37067.html

A quick way to check whether it is SELinux blocking it or not is to run setenforce 0 which sets it to permissive mode and see if it works.

Comment

Hi,

You have to make the right booleans are toggled. Refer to

http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/37067.html

A quick way to check whether it is SELinux blocking it or not is to run setenforce 0 which sets it to permissive mode and see if it works.
          SELinux stopped 'whining' already, but I set the setenforce 0 anyway since I am not on the USA most wanted list or anything xD

Steam is still not running but it keeps complaining about winbind and some unsupported stuff. I installed all the samba stuff and now the only errors I get are Wine related stubs.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Hi

If you run setenforce 0 and it is still not working, then the problem doesn't have anything to do with SELinux as I pointed out. As the blog describes, certain protections needs to be toggled off for Wine apps to work in some cases but wine bugs themselves are offtopic for this discussion.

Comment

Hi

If you run setenforce 0 and it is still not working, then the problem doesn't have anything to do with SELinux as I pointed out. As the blog describes, certain protections needs to be toggled off for Wine apps to work in some cases but wine bugs themselves are offtopic for this discussion.
              Like I said Wine stubs are the only problem remaining so it worked

Comment

Working...
              X