Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've updated to git xf86-video-ati, but it's not enough

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    This warning disappeared after I updated xf86-video-ati, mesa and libdrm to current Git.
    I'm slightly more wary of updating libdrm and mesa, but updating the video driver alone is not enough to kill the warning.

Comment

Originally posted by atmartens View Post
      So how long before packages are available for Ubuntu?
      http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v2.6.33/

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
        Will firmware now be a separate package to be downloaded from kernel.org? Or is finding firmware turning into some kind of "treasure hunt"?
        No idea. I guess there will be a central repository for it. But it'll will be a good while before that happens, so no need to worry right now.

Comment

No idea. I guess there will be a central repository for it. But it'll will be a good while before that happens, so no need to worry right now.
          That would be this one:
          http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kerne....git;a=summary

Comment

Has anyone tried this kernel version already with Xen as dom0 or domU?

Comment

Originally posted by Anssi View Post
              Something is screwed up there. I keep getting a 0byte file for R700_rlc. Now THAT's vaporware.

Comment

Isn't using a VCS (Git in this case) for binaries kinda defeating the purpose of a VCS?

Comment

Woohoo, It is working for me. No more Machine Exception Code. It starts automatically in DRI2 mode too. Great.

Comment

Isn't using a VCS (Git in this case) for binaries kinda defeating the purpose of a VCS?
                    I'm pretty sure that the purpose of a VCS is to track different versions of files.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that the purpose of a VCS is to track different versions of files.
                      Define "track." It's not as if you can make any sense out of a "diff -Nau binary_blob_1 binary_blob_2" unless your brain can interpret machine code.

Comment

Define "track." It's not as if you can make any sense out of a "diff -Nau binary_blob_1 binary_blob_2" unless your brain can interpret machine code.
                        I think that large files with slightly changed segments between versions could share portions in the .git objects storage.

Comment

Quoting Linus:

«git is not an SCM. it's a filesystem designed to _host_ an SCM»

«In many ways you can just see git as a filesystem — it's content-addressable, and it has a notion of versioning, but I really really designed it coming at the problem from the viewpoint of a filesystem person (hey, kernels is what I do), and I actually have absolutely zero interest in creating a traditional SCM system.»

Stupid 1-minute-to-edit.

Comment

I find this review:
                            What's new in Linux 2.6.33

Comment

Working...
                            X