Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 2.6.32-rc1 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.32-rc1 Kernel Released

After a week of LinuxCon and the Linux Plumbers Conference, Linus Torvalds has made the Linux 2.6.32-rc1 kernel release, which also marks the closure of the merge window for this kernel cycle. The Linux 2.6.32 kernel brings many driver updates...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzU2Nw

As an owner of a Radeon HD3870X2, long ago forgotten by Ati, I need to know: is there any possibility that this kernel is included in Ubuntu 9.10?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelPalin View Post
      As an owner of a Radeon HD3870X2, long ago forgotten by Ati, I need to know: is there any possibility that this kernel is included in Ubuntu 9.10?
      Ubuntu ships with 2.6.31. However, there should be some custom builds you would be able to install easily.

Comment

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

Comment

There is just a headers...deb. When do You expect the "whole thing" ...?

Comment

Originally posted by zika View Post
            There is just a headers...deb. When do You expect the "whole thing" ...?
            Cross-referencing with some of the other releases, I say it takes about 2 hours for the build do finish.

Edit: ...though checking the build log and seeing how it ends with some errors things doesn't look all that promising.
            Last edited by Silverthorn; 09-28-2009, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks to both. Didn't know about these builds.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverthorn View Post
                Cross-referencing with some of the other releases, I say it takes about 2 hours for the build do finish.

Edit: ...though checking the build log and seeing how it ends with some errors things doesn't look all that promising.
                I hope all this wait will be worth while ... Thank You! I'll take a look at a build log ...

Comment

Are there any news about when can we expect 2.6.32-rc1 in mainline ... ?

Comment

Working...
                  X