Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
    I guess that makes AMD really happy.

Their 2D acceleration code is completly slow and brolen in fglrx. They don't even provide the most basic XRender acceleration stuff, falling back to software all the time.

Maybe this way they can avoid writing descent linux specific drivers at all (the ogl code is shared anyway) :P
    Anyway with their OGL implementation I would not run more then 10 ogl apps side-by side either

- Clemens
    I've done stress testing with 100 OpenGL contexts side by side. It worked just fine last year and I guess it still does.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      Just to make sure we're seeing the same thing here:

http://i28.tinypic.com/ju766h.png
      RealNC your greek fonts seem so good as well?
      Last edited by Apopas; 08-19-2009, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
        RealNC your greek fonts seem so good as well?
        http://i29.tinypic.com/4tq3hy.png

Comment

In Firefox they seem perfect to me as well. What about kwrite or dolphin?

Comment

The bottom-left window ("Το μέτρο της βλακείας") is Firefox. The top-right one ("Τα σκυλιά κυνηγάνε της γάτες") is Konqueror. Since Konqueror is a KDE app, fonts would look the same in KWrite and Dolphin too, so no need to post additional screens here. The top-left window is also a KDE app (the "Font installer" in KDE's System Settings.)

Comment

The bottom-left window ("Το μέτρο της βλακείας") is Firefox. The top-right one ("Τα σκυλιά κυνηγάνε της γάτες") is Konqueror. Since Konqueror is a KDE app, fonts would look the same in KWrite and Dolphin too, so no need to post additional screens here. The top-left window is also a KDE app (the "Font installer" in KDE's System Settings.)
              Stupid KDE, I got homework for the weekend now

Comment

Working...
              X