No announcement yet.

VLC Media Player Reaches Version 1.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you think that could be a demuxer problem? Best give em some test files which are problematic. The demuxers are really different between those players and that can lead to choppy playback when frames are skipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Don't you think that could be a demuxer problem? Best give em some test files which are problematic. The demuxers are really different between those players and that can lead to choppy playback when frames are skipped.
      Could be. I never really investigated it much further after players with vdpau came out.

Comment

For xinelib + vdpau i had some bad files too which are now working.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          For xinelib + vdpau i had some bad files too which are now working.
          Sure I can see that happening. Files being able to play in one player vs the next. By far the most robust solution I have found implementing vdpau is xbmc. IIRC vdpau is still not part of the official release of xinelib and still under development. That being said, I have already found a couple of files of mine that will not play in VLC but will in XBMC.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            Mplayer has been a player first and for most since it's creation. Your common backends are xine and gstreamer.
            Nevermind.

Comment

Working...
            X