Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 2.6.30-rc8 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.30-rc8 Kernel Released

Around this weekend Linus Torvalds is expecting to release the Linux 2.6.30 kernel. This kernel is home to a few performance improvements, new drivers, updated drivers, new file-systems, and many other improvements in this quarterly Linux update...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzMwNA

However, to squeeze in some last minute testing before going final, Linux has released the Linux 2.6.30-rc8 kernel.
    s / Linux / Linus

Anyway I hope KMS/GEM/TTM for radeon will enter 2.6.31. That will be an interesting release if that happens

Comment

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
      Anyway I hope KMS/GEM/TTM for radeon will enter 2.6.31. That will be an interesting release if that happens
      This. Still neither a confirmation nor a declination.

Comment

I hope this fixes the crashes I'm having with my Intel G45 chipset. I thought I had it fixed because I had not crash for a couple of days now, but my computer just crashed again :-(

I'm compiling 2.6.30-rc7 right now, fingers crossed.

Comment

You compile rc7 when rc8 is out, funny Well Kanotix users already test rc7-git4 since a few days, no huge changes compared to rc8.

Comment

Twas a typo.

I've compiled the kernel booted and now everything works but sound :'-( It looks like an alsa problem, so I fiddled with all the switches and sliders, but no success.

So, back to 2.6.30.

Comment

and that's another typo since 2.6.30 is not out yet

Comment

Can't wait for the weekend then.

Comment

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
                  and that's another typo since 2.6.30 is not out yet
                  Aah!! (Smacks himself on the head) Let's try it again.

So I recompiled the 2.6.30-rc8, but this time with a configuration file from an Ubunutu kernel 2.6.30-rc8 I found on the Internet. And now my sound works again :-D

But, because the crashes happens randomly and not as often as it used to, it's impossible to say if it worked at this time.

Comment

Crashes can happen because of several things, even ram, cpu overheat, gpu error or kernel problem as you expected.

Comment

Working...
                    X