Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PulseAudio 0.9.15 Brings Major Improvements

Phoronix: PulseAudio 0.9.15 Brings Major Improvements

While a test release has been around for a few months, last night PulseAudio 0.9.15 was officially released. This open-source sound server has a number of significant enhancements in this latest update...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzIwMg

Great article. Any news on the issues between skype and pulseaudio?

Comment

I'd wish they would implement a normalizer to the Gnome volume control, so regardless what I play, everything have the same volume.

Comment

Will this, by any chance, get into Jaunty? I have a bt headset I got specifically to use with my Inspiron 1420n and I'd prefer not to wait for Karmic... Is there a PPA people can use perhaps?

Comment

Hey,

it doesn't seem to make it into Jaunty. See here:
          http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...98&postcount=1

But there is a link to a ppa of the one week old testing release just before the actual release. I will give it a try, some spdif support on PA would be very great.

Manu

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
            Will this, by any chance, get into Jaunty? I have a bt headset I got specifically to use with my Inspiron 1420n and I'd prefer not to wait for Karmic... Is there a PPA people can use perhaps?
            I don't think so, but it will be in Fedora 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
              I'd wish they would implement a normalizer to the Gnome volume control, so regardless what I play, everything have the same volume.
              Are you certain that you're not really looking for something like replayGain? Normalisation/Compression causes audible artefacts.

Frank

Comment

Is the BT support in Pulse itself or is it only for handling the BT support of ALSA?

Comment

:\ Unfortunately the pulseaudio site with release notes and information on the volume control is down.

Glad to see these improvements, though. I know that last time I used Pulse, I saw that its user interface could have used a little touching up.

Comment

Anybody know if pulseaudio will be used in Kubuntu 9.04? If not, why? Because of phonon?

Comment

Working...
                    X