Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WINE 1.1.8 Released, Improved Memory Management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WINE 1.1.8 Released, Improved Memory Management

    Phoronix: WINE 1.1.8 Released, Improved Memory Management

    The release of WINE 1.1.7 two weeks ago marked their initial work on implementing Direct3D 10 support, but still in a very early form. WINE 1.1.8 has now been released and while doesn't contain anything quite as exciting, there are a few interesting points. WINE 1.1.8 features substantial parts of inetcomm being implemented to provide Microsoft Outlook support, improved crypt32 support, memory management improvements, and theming support for buttons...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjgzOA

  • #2
    Not to forget that now ASPI works again. This stopped working with 1.1.7.

    Comment


    • #3
      GREAT!

      The Wine guys are doing a phenomenal job tackling this very tough problem.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Not to forget that now ASPI works again. This stopped working with 1.1.7.

        WooHoo AEC should start working again.

        Comment


        • #5
          Well I helped finding that bug because nobody knew that there was one. It is not that hard to do, I needed to compile about 10 times wine (a bit more to test the patch then) using the git bisect way. I used ccache and added -j2 (dual) or -j4 (quad) to the make commands improve compile speed.

          http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting

          http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.gi...753ba3c82295a8

          With the result Thunderbird fixed it:

          http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.gi...a6941545ccf76e

          As before you just complain that something does not work anymore which worked before just help finding the patch.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Well I helped finding that bug because nobody knew that there was one. It is not that hard to do, I needed to compile about 10 times wine (a bit more to test the patch then) using the git bisect way. I used ccache and added -j2 (dual) or -j4 (quad) to the make commands improve compile speed.

            http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting

            http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.gi...753ba3c82295a8

            With the result Thunderbird fixed it:

            http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.gi...a6941545ccf76e

            As before you just complain that something does not work anymore which worked before just help finding the patch.

            I'm not complaining, just celebrating.

            Comment


            • #7
              I meant complaining not about that specific issue, just in general it should be not too hard to find commits which introduced a regression with a new version using the described way in the wiki. That speeds up the time to get a fix.

              Comment

              Working...
              X