Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 9 Beta Preview

Phoronix: Fedora 9 Beta Preview

It's been almost two months since Fedora 9 Alpha was released, which we subsequently previewed. Now with the release of Fedora 9 just being 35 days out, Red Hat has pushed out the beta release of Fedora 9 (codenamed Sulphur) with many more features implemented and ready to be tested. We have taken the time to explore the features of Fedora 9 and the progress that has been made.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=12099

is this an aurora-gtk-engine based theme?

Comment

No, it's the Nodoka-Engine.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/NodokaTheme

Comment

First post, please be gentle...

Very quick and simple question;

If I install the Beta version, will the system automatically update to the released version when it is actually released in April?

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Shielder View Post
          First post, please be gentle...

Very quick and simple question;

If I install the Beta version, will the system automatically update to the released version when it is actually released in April?

Andy

Short answer: Yes

Long Answer:
          Yeah test releases use "rawhide" as their update repo...

Come like a few days before the release rawhide freezes and ultimately becomes the ultimate release. at that point rawhide updates link to the release-repo... Usually one of those updates is transitioning the repos enabled to disable rawhide and go to the release repo. That's hows it gone down in past releases.

Comment

Excellent, thanks. I thought that was the case, but I couldn't find any info about it.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Shielder View Post
              Excellent, thanks. I thought that was the case, but I couldn't find any info about it.

Andy
              yeah I read something by Jesse Keating somewhere in the fedora pages about it. I believe it was linked to from the fedora-devel mailing list around the time of the f8 release.

Comment

Working...
              X