Debian 8.0 Jessie Testing Against Updated Ubuntu Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
    Of course. How else are you going to know that I installed my Linux system from the command line and configured all the components of my system myself?

I've also done Linux from Scratch once. Now that was a doozy to install...
    Well for starters.. ... I use Gentoo/Sparc64 and am currently building Sparc32 v8 stages for my SparcStation 20 ..... Don't have a graphics card in the T2000 so I'm sshed in from Windows 8.1 >:W

Comment

Originally posted by Loafers View Post
      How do you know someone uses Arch Linux? They'll always tell you.
      Hmm, I don't remember having mentioned it. Anyway, I do, so now you know and your hypothesis has more evidence.

Comment

Hi guys, I use Arch Linux.

Comment

I got drunk once and lost my way with words. And said that Debian unstable is more stable than Arch stable. wth

l2linux

Comment

Micheal needs to make a pool again . Last time there was more Manjaro then Arch users .

Comment

Manjaro/Arch wins there , what happens with those results

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
                Hi there, I'm using Arch Linux.

By the way, why is Ubuntu using Deadline as default? CFQ is faster on rotational media, and Noop is faster on solid state.
                no its not. deadline beats noop on solid state drivers in most cases, especially in the usual practice.

the only time i saw noop beating deadline where on very artificial benchmarks, and then only by a marginal distance.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
                  Of course. How else are you going to know that I installed my Linux system from the command line and configured all the components of my system myself?
                  Or you can use Antergos, and installing Arch is a breeze. No excuses for *buntu

Comment

Originally posted by halo9en View Post
                    Or you can use Antergos, and installing Arch is a breeze. No excuses for *buntu
                    I?m not familiar with Antergos, so I wonder how they can claim it?s easy to use while at the same time using the official Arch Linux package repositories. How do they make updates magically work all the time without having to edit any configuration file or make other changes?

BTW I use Arch Linux. I?m sure everybody wanted to know that. (And I wouldn?t recommend Arch to anyone.)

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                      I?m not familiar with Antergos, so I wonder how they can claim it?s easy to use while at the same time using the official Arch Linux package repositories. How do they make updates magically work all the time without having to edit any configuration file or make other changes?

BTW I use Arch Linux. I?m sure everybody wanted to know that. (And I wouldn?t recommend Arch to anyone.)
                      I'm using it right now. It IS Arch, plus an extra repository to provide some extra packages, precompiled from AUR. The main difference is in the installer, giving a working desktop environment among the many available, without the need to spend a lot of time choosing packages and tinkering with bash and configuration files. It's a win/win situation: if you're a new user, you can use it immediately and start learning. If you're an intermediate or expert user, you can begin customizing it to your liking.
                      You can always try the live iso and see for yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X