Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" Officially Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" Officially Released

    Phoronix: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" Officially Released

    The official release announcement has finally been sent out for today's release of the Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty Tahr" Long Term Support release...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY2Njc

  • #2
    Still not showing up in the Software Updater program...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Veske View Post
      Still not showing up in the Software Updater program...
      It takes a few days for the updates to propogate through the servers, so you should be able to update it through the Updater by next week.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post
        It takes a few days for the updates to propogate through the servers, so you should be able to update it through the Updater by next week.
        I think I once read somewhere that if you're using 12.04 the first update you'll get is 14.04.1.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
          I think I once read somewhere that if you're using 12.04 the first update you'll get is 14.04.1.
          i really dont think so...

          To those who want the update now, you can go into software & updates and change the server from your country to the main server, that should work.
          If you can wait, it should take about 2 days or so i think.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TheSoulz View Post
            i really dont think so...

            To those who want the update now, you can go into software & updates and change the server from your country to the main server, that should work.
            If you can wait, it should take about 2 days or so i think.
            I installed 12.04 in a VM yesterday just to see how well the update works (with nothing else installed, though) but changing the server and checking for updates doesn't do anything.

            Comment


            • #7
              Relased with serious opened bug

              It was released, yet this bug was not fixed in time: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...t/+bug/1295439
              Meaning we can't import saved ovpn files from the UI... Sad...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                I installed 12.04 in a VM yesterday just to see how well the update works (with nothing else installed, though) but changing the server and checking for updates doesn't do anything.
                then perhaps is not server releated, they can have somekind of control to only allow a certain amount of people upgrade per day.
                Some companies do this in case something goes wrong they can abort and dont affect everyone.

                Edit: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/04/u...tu-14-04-12-04
                Last edited by TheSoulz; 04-17-2014, 05:37 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Veske View Post
                  Still not showing up in the Software Updater program...
                  You can always do it manually by using sed, update, and dist-upgrade.

                  Code:
                  sudo sed 's/precise/trusty/g' -i /etc/apt/sources.list
                  sudo sed 's/precise/trusty/g' -i /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
                  sudo apt-get update
                  sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The following worked for me a few hours ago:

                    Code:
                    sudo do-release-upgrade -d
                    Note that I was upgrading from 13.10, I can't vouch for this method for older versions.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X