Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd Is The Future Of Debian

Phoronix: Systemd Is The Future Of Debian

Since this weekend we have known that systemd was winning the Debian init system battle, but now it's official: systemd has prevailed over Upstart in Debian...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nooooooooooooooo.........

Comment

Well...

Comment

I'm hearing a sound.

The sound of Marc screaming from the inside.

Comment

Great news! OTOH a lot of popcorn companies will go bankrupt in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by gufide View Post
            I'm hearing a sound.

The sound of Marc screaming from the inside.
            Tables will be flipped.

Comment

poor Ubuntu

Comment

Next time: OpenRC is the future of Ubuntu.

Comment

I believe this was the best decision for Debian, at least on immediate technical merits.
                  I've used both upstart and systemd for several years (on Ubuntu/Mint and Arch respectively), and systemd is far more user-friendly, consistent and reliable, not to mention the ridiculous improvement in boot times.

OTOH, systemd's engulfing of various semi-related projects and their active opposition to these components being used by other initsystems (udev, logind, whatever else isn't conceptually tied to one init) is a bit worrying; as a non-Debian-user I'd have appreciated them putting a load of work into maintaining an alternative.

Comment

Am I the only one who honestly didn't care either way?

I like both Upstart and Systemd... I've learned to use both and both do just fine...

Comment

Working...
                    X