Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unity To Have Anti-Aliased Corners, Full GTK3 Theming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by Pajn View Post
    Who said you arenít going to be able to move the window buttons in Unity 8?
    At this point, Canonical.
    The reason they aren't adding this capability to the new window decorations is because they want to make a consistent design. It's the rational behind having the launcher stuck in place. In practice, it works fine, but for anyone who wants to change it, it is a inconvenience that isn't necessary.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by Pajn View Post
      Who said you arenít going to be able to move the window buttons in Unity 8?
      And who says that is won't implement an AI that tunes everything to your need before you even use it for the first time... unless you have any indication that change is comming I think it's safest to assume that it will be mostly the same only slightly better.

      Comment


      • #13
        Where would I see the anti aliased corners?
        Never really noticed anything about them.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by Bathroom Humor View Post
          At this point, Canonical.
          The reason they aren't adding this capability to the new window decorations is because they want to make a consistent design. It's the rational behind having the launcher stuck in place. In practice, it works fine, but for anyone who wants to change it, it is a inconvenience that isn't necessary.
          Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
          And who says that is won't implement an AI that tunes everything to your need before you even use it for the first time... unless you have any indication that change is comming I think it's safest to assume that it will be mostly the same only slightly better.
          Today it's possible in Unity 7 and until anyone from Canonical states otherwise I expect the same
          baseline of functionality.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by user82 View Post
            Where would I see the anti aliased corners?
            Never really noticed anything about them.
            Top left and right of any no full screen window

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by Pajn View Post
              Today it's possible in Unity 7 and until anyone from Canonical states otherwise I expect the same
              baseline of functionality.
              Someone DID state otherwise, like I said.
              https://plus.google.com/+MarcoTrevis...ts/BUXePbDHKfq
              " I understand the concerns, but considering that this design decision has been made so long time ago, and I think that having top panel buttons (for maximized windows) on the left and decoration buttons on the right is something not consistent at all, and thus it doesn't make much sense supporting it (considering it needs some extra work). I can probably make possible to use old decorations if much requested, but for now we've other priorities... "

              Unless they allow people to use the older decorations, it won't be possible by default. And in Unity 8, I doubt it will change.

              Comment


              • #17
                Hilarious that it took this long and that it comes as news on a major Linux site.

                Comment

                Working...
                X