Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mageia 4 Release Candidate Images Surface

Phoronix: Mageia 4 Release Candidate Images Surface

The release candidate spin of the upcoming Mageia 4 Linux distribution from the Mandriva/Mandrake lineage is now available for testing...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU3NTc

RPM still keeps them under water and they can't emerge....

Comment

Is it finally using user friendly debian/ubuntu/manjaro/mint like installer ?

Comment

Originally posted by edmon View Post
        RPM still keeps them under water and they can't emerge....
        The last thing I care about - butthurt about RPM vs X

Comment

Originally posted by Pepec9124 View Post
          Hm? Wasn’t it already?
          The only stop-show issue I encountered with Magea was increditably (think of a slug) slow package parse.
          One has to wait literally 1 minute to become a package list, and about 4 minutes to find something within it.
          Among the pure binary managers, apt is by far the fastest on topic and opensuse rpm/yast/zypper version is relatively acceptable (although no way fast as apt).

Comment

Originally posted by Pepec9124 View Post
            It has been since the beginning.

Originally posted by brosis View Post
            The only stop-show issue I encountered with Magea was increditably (think of a slug) slow package parse.
            One has to wait literally 1 minute to become a package list, and about 4 minutes to find something within it.
            Yea, it's pretty silly, but that only affects the GUI. Using urpmi is much faster, and also allows for a very powerful way to search through packages.

Comment

Working...
            X