FC6 is freakin' awesome.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Are you building ivtv from source or from ATRPMS? Try ATRPMS if the source didn't work. Make sure the firmware is installed as well. The wilsonet Mythtvology might be good as well.
    I at first tried building from source but then switched to using the wilsonet guide. I'm not interested in recording so mythtv is overkill I just want to watch tv like I used to in fc4.

I've never had so much trouble getting things to work in Linux since switching to fc6. At first it was the kernel mismatch problem then AIGLX wouldn't work with fglrx drivers and now I can't use tvtime because its not compatible with ivtv drivers. Luckily my fc4 box still does everything I want but without support.

Comment

Update

Originally posted by kjrnec View Post
      I at first tried building from source but then switched to using the wilsonet guide. I'm not interested in recording so mythtv is overkill I just want to watch tv like I used to in fc4.

I've never had so much trouble getting things to work in Linux since switching to fc6. At first it was the kernel mismatch problem then AIGLX wouldn't work with fglrx drivers and now I can't use tvtime because its not compatible with ivtv drivers. Luckily my fc4 box still does everything I want but without support.
      I finally got it working with vlc but mythtv still refuses to work correctly.

Comment

Working...
      X