Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 13.10 Derivatives Do Their Alpha 2 Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ubuntu 13.10 Derivatives Do Their Alpha 2 Release

    Phoronix: Ubuntu 13.10 Derivatives Do Their Alpha 2 Release

    While Ubuntu itself no longer does alpha releases, several of its derivatives are doing their "Saucy Salamander" Alpha 2 releases today...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQyMDU

  • #2
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Ubuntu 13.10 Derivatives Do Their Alpha 2 Release

    While Ubuntu itself no longer does alpha releases, several of its derivatives are doing their "Saucy Salamander" Alpha 2 releases today...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQyMDU
    It's sad that XFCE 4.11 its still under development. It is a FANASTIC DE for old machines with 1GB RAM or lower and propably will not be ready for Xubuntu 13.10.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by verde View Post
      It is a FANASTIC DE for old machines with 1GB RAM or lower
      Also a fantastic DE for higher end computers as well. My system isn't this massive gaming rig beast, but it's pretty decent and it screams along with XFCE.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by synaptix View Post
        Also a fantastic DE for higher end computers as well. My system isn't this massive gaming rig beast, but it's pretty decent and it screams along with XFCE.
        In modern hardware with decent GPU i prefer Unity. I do my work faster than any other DE (even Windows 7). Thats a fact and personal taste of course.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by verde View Post
          In modern hardware with decent GPU i prefer Unity. I do my work faster than any other DE (even Windows 7). Thats a fact and personal taste of course.
          The party pooper for me about Unity is the lack of a classic applications menu and panels customization. Having to write the application name is a pain in the ass for me, thats why I stick to XFCE which can be customized enough to look like like unity and much much further increasing overall productivity.

          Comment


          • #6
            Unity is starting to suck even more... been testing Ubuntu 13.10

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by verde View Post
              In modern hardware with decent GPU i prefer Unity. I do my work faster than any other DE (even Windows 7). Thats a fact and personal taste of course.
              With a multi-thousand dollar system, I'd still run Xubuntu and XFCE.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
                Unity is starting to suck even more... been testing Ubuntu 13.10
                Considering no new features were added this cycle to Unity7, just bug fixes, that impression seems odd. Maybe a user specific driver or bug issue? Also considering, this is considered Alpha2 in the pre-no-alpha Ubuntu cycle, bugs are expected, kinda a no-brainer.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                  Considering no new features were added this cycle to Unity7, just bug fixes, that impression seems odd. Maybe a user specific driver or bug issue? Also considering, this is considered Alpha2 in the pre-no-alpha Ubuntu cycle, bugs are expected, kinda a no-brainer.
                  S/He is the biggest anti-Ubuntu troll in here. Don't take his claims seriously. He would never try Ubuntu in any case.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by synaptix View Post
                    With a multi-thousand dollar system, I'd still run Xubuntu and XFCE.
                    haha it is truly fantastic but i think you exaggerate..

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X