Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 20 To Move Towards Journal, GNOME 3.10

Phoronix: Fedora 20 To Move Towards Journal, GNOME 3.10

Following the weekly Fedora Engineering and Steering Committee meeting, another large batch of Fedora 20 features were approved. This includes a ruling on the controversial syslog migration to systemd's journal, upgrading the desktop environments, and other proposed work for the F20 development cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

lvm not regarded as outdated

Bad signal for Btrfs enthusiasts:
    Fedora will provide rollback using the old Lvm
    where Btrfs was created for ....
    Or is it just to complete a software before to retire it?
    Last edited by ulenrich; 25 July 2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ulenrich View Post
      LVM works on any filesystem (you could do BTRFS atop LVM if you really wanted to..) BTRFS Rollback only works on BTRFS, and there's a yum plugin for that too.

Its not a bad sign, its just a thing thats happened.
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by ulenrich View Post
        Doesn't really mean any such thing... LVM is what Redhat/Fedora have been using for volume management for many years. Most likely, this just reflects that it was easier to work the rollback functionality into their existing system, and rip the whole thing out and replace it with a new filesystem that's arguably still not ready for production use...

Comment

i been waiting to see if this get's some nice update going to Xwayland

Comment

No more syslogd? @core is sounding better and better by the minute. A shame it's still RPMs and not some modern packaging.
            Now that the installer was getting some work done and most everything else in the base system is systemd, an editor, and a few gnu and bash shell binaries, I really had my hopes up for Red Hat to get their act together and pick something like GNU Guix instead.

Anyhow, does having E17 packages means an Enlightenment spin? That would be pretty awesome :P
            Last edited by c117152; 25 July 2013, 07:22 PM. Reason: typos. oh God so many... And proofing...

Comment

Working...
            X