No announcement yet.

Fedora 18 "Spherical Cow" Officially Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You couldn't boot it so Fedora is shit. Good review.

Comment

there's no 'I couldn't boot it' here

everything was as vanilla as possible

and it doesn't even recognize the ext4 partitions it automatically made without ANY input from me.

yes I would say that's a big pile of shit

Comment

Hmm... Can't decide whether to go through the hassle of an upgrade or just to wait for 19 in just a couple of months time!

Comment

Ok, I need help:

I installed fedora 18 on an unpartioned section of my hard drive and it simply won't boot saying 'ext4 fs incompabilities' and it simply shows the fedora logo then a permanent black screen... during install it gave a ' kmod 04 something' error.

Now the f+++ed up thing is that after installing fedora 18 I lost the ability to load a live session into ram, both ubuntu toram or fedora live_session fail to load the system into ram (this was working fine before the install) and worse still is that I lost sound in windows 7 and ubuntu....

I can't figure out what's going on, does fedora 18 tries to flash the soundcard firmware? why would it stop functioning in other OS's???

How can I delete the Grub live bootloader that I installed with fedora 18 (I already deleted the partitions)

If I flash my BIOS again and format my hard drive will everything return to normal?

God damn you fedora

Comment

Is anyone else noticing worse font rendering with Fedora 18?

Some fonts, e.g. the ones rendering this message for me on Phoronix, look a lot poorer with Fedora 18 - like they were written with a biro that is starting to run out of ink.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
              Some fonts, e.g. the ones rendering this message for me on Phoronix, look a lot poorer with Fedora 18 - like they were written with a biro that is starting to run out of ink.
              Fedora has terrible font rendering out of the box. I reccommend installing the infinality free type and fontconfig packages and configuring it to your liking: http://www.infinality.net/blog/infinality-repository/

Comment

To be clear...

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
                Fedora has terrible font rendering out of the box. I reccommend installing the infinality free type and fontconfig packages and configuring it to your liking: http://www.infinality.net/blog/infinality-repository/
                I already have the fontconfig packages installed, and Fedora 17 was fine. I am talking about a regression.

Comment

Working...
                X