No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Plans To Stick To "Stable GNOME"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking about crashing will not make it more true, you know.

KDE simply does not crash nowadays, period. There was a rough period around the time 4.0 launched, but that's ancient history now.

IMHO, it is the most stable, most mature, and most feature-full desktop environment for Unix. It's not even close. Red Hat and Ubuntu chose a different environment for political reasons many years ago, so many new users who started using Linux recently are not aware of this, because they have never really tried it, but it's always been a great environment with great software.

Comment

When I saw the tittle I really hoped it was some sense of that there wasn't much point in tracking the unstable releases.

Comment

Originally posted by comical pingufunkybeat View Post
        Talking about crashing will not make it more true, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
          Acually my sister tried KDE once. She drscribed it as "soul rape". Silly her! A piece of software might damage your soul but this piece of retardo manureware csn do nothing but crash.
          False, once tried KDE (and Qt, i like so much to make you read this name) a person totally loses the ability to communicate with others because the Devil comes out of Qt and steals her soul. Your sister cannot have described her experience to you.

p.s. Ok, said this i stop.

Comment

Originally posted by freedam View Post
            False, once tried KDE a person totally loses the ability to communicate with others because the Devil comes out of Qt and steals her soul.
            Qt might be devilsh but a trained MS user like her is used to craptastic prisonware filled to the brim with legalese and a million excuses why it should be considered free. wht really made her speechless was the UIs smell of the 90s.

But then KDE crashed probaly due to her not running this ressource hog on a top500 secret mainframe sponsered by some shady Oakland agency.

True story.

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
              When I saw the tittle I really hoped it was some sense of that there wasn't much point in tracking the unstable releases.
              There was when Canonical invested in other stuff than it own skunkwork. Now gnome is getting the same treatment as the kernel; Stable releases preferred!

Seems like a wise discision considering Canonicals goal.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                KDE simply does not crash nowadays, period. There was a rough period around the time 4.0 launched, but that's ancient history now.
                I can not comment on the desktop, but KDE's apps certainly still do...

Comment

Working...
                X